Device Health Reliability plummeted [September 2018]

Not necessarily. I have had “Device Health Check" disabled almost since it was introduced and I have good Zigbee and Z-Wave meshes. However, over the last 3-4 days, there has been constant notifications of rotating devices not responding - both Z-Wave and Zigbee. Despite them dropping off and popping back online repeatedly and randomly - both device-wise and timing-wise, none of them were ever actually inaccessible.

Then earlier today, without changing anything, all is calm and I’m no longer getting notifications - just like it’s been for many months.

1 Like

what are you getting notifications from? I’m never received a notification from the app when something gets marked unavailable and i have device health turned on.

I think they’re coming from ‘Device Monitor’ - but I guess they could also be coming from ‘Simple Device Viewer’.

@tgauchat

Device health lets me know when battery powered devices are unavailable because the battery is dead.

When working device health is a good thing!

Sure… but this is a “cry wolf” situation. If ST marks things offline too aggressively, then it is a useless feature.

The Community SmartApp for this is much more flexible, I think.