Developer run smartapp/device store

I don’t agree. I think the low hanging fruit is always picked first. Lighting and security should be a given. There are only so many ways to turn off a light or tell you when the doors are open. These are solved problems that are being adapted to fit a new market of devices.

We currently have two different rule building solutions @obycode has SmartRules and @JoeC has Simple Rule Builder

One is IOS and the other is web based and there is probably room for another on Android. A marketplace would allow discovery so that more users could find these apps. I don’t think there is a limit to the dashboards category. One size does not fit all in this area. There will never be a dashboard or interface that satisfies the needs of every user. As far as I know, no one has targeted users like @JDRoberts to make a dashboard for people with a limited range of motion in their hands.

I cannot find the SmartApp that does the TV for math for school age children, but it is a great example of a creative smart app.

All this is to say, I think there are plenty of ideas worth selling out there and no place to sell them.

1 Like