[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

@anon36505037 is it working now?

Hi.

Is there a way to make the DO pistons appear in the Routines tab?

@ady624
Probably really stupid question, butā€¦

I know that we need both in our IDE, but do we need to install both within the SmartThings Mobile App too? :slight_smile:

how about now, what line did the error move to? LOL

nah, havenā€™t refreshed properly thenā€¦

uhhh. tough one thereā€¦

$scope.anonymizeObject = function(object, returnAsString) {
        var data = $scope.serializeObject(object);
        var matches = data.match(/(:[a-f0-9]{32}:)/g).filter((x, i, a) => a.indexOf(x) == i);
        for(i in matches) {
            data = data.replace(new RegExp(matches[i], 'g'), ('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' + i).substr(-32));
        }
        return (returnAsString ? data : angular.fromJson(data));
    }

It does not like the => part in the .filter(ā€¦) ā€¦ The regexp that keeps only unique valuesā€¦ argh, there go my one-linersā€¦

how about now, when will then be now?

8 Likes

No, you only install the parent app (webCoRE) - but you need to get and publish both from github.

1 Like

I figured that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks, man. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Works dont fix it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Car? :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œady624, post:1, topic:73260, full:trueā€]
ā€¦So work has been performed to move most, if not all, of the UI to an HTML5 platform. This brings several benefitsā€¦publish a piston as a templateā€¦[/quote]

@ady624
When weā€™re able to ā€˜publishā€™ a piston as a template, will that be for EVERYONE, or just within our own CoRE instance?

I like both, but for sure want to know that Iā€™ll be able to create templates for myself that wonā€™t be shared with anyone else (of course, unless I choose to).

He set it up where you can make it shareable or private.

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile:
I just went to check it out, and got the ā€˜not logged inā€™ messageā€¦

"Oops, you are not logged in!

Please open the SmartThings IDE, go to Live Logging, then open the SmartThings CoRE app and look for the dashboard URL in the Live Logging page. You will need to open that link for the first time."

Itā€™s odd, because Iā€™ve already been logged in.

EDIT:
I think it may have been because I saved the wrong URL.
When I created my ā€˜shortcutā€™, I just saved the current URL from after having been logged in.
I think I need to save the URL as it is in Live Logging.
I will do that this time, and see how it goes next time.

FYI, most recent update fixed it on my iPad :grinning:

1 Like

you can duplicate a piston, but I see what youā€™re saying. You can, however delete a piston but write down its backup bin and use it later to restore it - I never thought of the templates being private, though they couldā€¦

1 Like

Shared versions will become chaos, so many users and needs :slight_smile:
I hope that someone out there will make a quality site for sharing.
Itā€™s a brilliant idea :smiley:

Suggestion/hope
Create a piston that is generic for the device.
Put as many devices as you like in the piston and it will perform only for the relevant.
I do not know if it is already there, but I often wanted this function.

1 Like

Just completed setupā€¦ one thingā€¦ says I donā€™t have thermostatsā€¦ but I have 2 Ct-100ā€™s and 1 Ecobeeā€¦
Are they supported yet?

Thanksā€¦

Kevin