[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

Is it possible to use this to set piston state? For example “X occured Y hours and Z minutes ago”?

Yes you can. Just use Set Piston State instead of Send Push Notification…

https://wiki.webcore.co/Functions#formatDuration

I tried using formatDuration subtracting the time the piston was run (stored as a variable) and $now to show how long ago it ran but the state simply says “now”.

Note: I’ve since fixed my horrible spelling error.

@ady624 @bamarayne

I saw @bamarayne mention Echosistant in a previous post and see that you can add it as a virtual assistant but it needs to be installed? Could anyone explain how to do this?

Also, i get a notification that Flash isnt implemented, any idea when this might be added?

Very cool addition BTW, for someone with no experience with coding, this app is a lot of fun. Can’t wait to see it grow.

Can you post the whole piston? I’ll take a look.

Read all about it here…

What is that third parameter, empty nothing?

Thank you although I am still not hearing any sound before the text. I don’t understand why I would receive the error when I insert the url directly but when using a variable, the error doesn’t show…Maybe ady624 can chime in …

@mbustillos1 you have an empty parameter in your code…

These are your options…

Hey @bamarayne, I have echosistant app already but its not letting me access in WebCoRe. It says i need to open or install it

The WebCoRE integration is not complete

Ah got it. Thanks!

So my closet door isn’t always in view of the motion sensor. If it gets opened without motion being sensed, I want the light to come on, wait 2 minutes and turn off (if vanity power is off). If motion is sensed even without the door changing position, I want the light to come on or stay on. Even if the door gets closed, I want the light to remain on until no motion.

My problem is no matter which way I write the piston, I can either turn on the light with the door or motion, but the timer only starts to turn off the light if motion gets activated. I’m missing something simple but I’m not sure what. I’ve re-written this piston so many ways that right now I can’t even figure out how fix it.

This will turn the light on if the door opens, but it won’t turn it back of if no motion is sensed. It will turn on with motion (and stay on with motion). How do I get the timer to start if only the door opens but no motion, but cancels the timer if motion is sensed?

Many thanks, I’m going to sleep on it for now…

This is my piston for the same thing, minus the door contact - all you would have to do is add the contact sensor into the if conditions.

ok… I got it working. You need to use “TileSetLevel” to set the volume of the track. I have found that when you use “Play Track” or “Speak Text” and insert a number for the volume, you get the error. Thanks again for the help…

Here’s the whole piston after I fixed the missing parameter.

So I tried your piston, just changing night mode to door contact changes in last 5 seconds. It will turn on the light, but since that evaluates as true, it never goes to the else to start a timer.

@Thayios, @whyintheworld I recommend using a wait in the else, instead of another condition (stays).

Look at these two I posted some days ago:

Look at his stuff above, he’s got the same thing you’re looking for.

Wouldn’t both of those pistons conflict? Maybe I just don’t understand how they would interact with each other. Would the motion piston cancel the door open piston?

If the door is opened it looks like it will just start a timer to turn off the light. I want the motion to extend that time IF there is motion detected after the door is opened. If there is no motion detected, then yes I want it to turn off the light after the wait.

Let me explain further… My wife often opens the door and uses the full length mirror that is on the door to get ready. In those cases, she will trigger the motion and as long as there is motion, I want the light to stay on. However, when she walks away she forgets to close the door and I want the light to go off. Easy peasy, just use the motion sensor…

However, other times she will open the door just enough to access the very front of the closet and while the motion sensor “sees” that area, it doesn’t always trigger and leaves it dark in the closet. So I want the door to also trigger the light. Of course, I want the timer to start to turn off the light if the door remains open with no motion sensed.

Lastly I want the light to remain on if there is motion and the door is closed, because when we get ready and either of us is still in bed, we close the door to the closet while we are inside so the light doesn’t shine on the person in bed.

But many thanks for the link to that thread, somehow I hadn’t found it yet.