[DEPRECATED] IKEA FYRTUR Window blinds

Hi folks

I’ve got the Ikea Fyrtur blinds paired with my SmartThings hub (v2) both with @a4refillpad and @bibbleq 's handlers. Both work great! However, I don’t see the blinds show up in Alexa when I ask her to discover devices. The only way I can integrate the blinds with Alexa is by creating scenes for raising/lowering the blinds and bringing those in to Alexa routines. Is that everyone else’s experience? I happen to work at Amazon and would love to reach out to the Alexa smarthome team and let them know they need to do “something” here. I’m just not deep enough in the smarthome space to understand what I should ask them to do :slight_smile: Can someone please describe the problem for me in a way they would understand?

Also, I freaking love this community. SmartThings forever!

Thanks
Arun

where is it possible to find the smartapp?

Hi All

Im having a little trouble pairing the FYRTUR with SmartThings. I had already discovered this thread before buying the blind.

I set the whole thing up and it worked perfectly with the already paired remote.

I then managed to pair an unknown device to ST. So I removed it to install the above DH and repair it. Since then I have not been able to pair this back to ST. I have added the OP device handler through the developer portal(although interestingly, after I logged into it today it had disappeared)

Things I have tried.

• Factory reseting and trying again.
  • Reconnecting the repeater/remote/blind - which worked.
  • Reinstalling ST, which brought up a device that was my phone, but seemed to have the handler of a blind. Though it was stuck retrieving status(i think thats the name of it) which I waited for a while before abandoning and removing the device. Im not sure if this is relevant or not.
  • Pairing the repeater which worked first time!

Any help would be much appreciated. Im closing in on 8 hours bashing my head against a wall just trying to get the thing to pair.

Other information that may be helpful:

Im in the UK
The blind was purchased about a week ago.
The Hub was purchased on the 7th July and is the 3rd generation.

Im now willing to try literally anything to get this working. Any help will be received with much gratitude.

Hi mate, when you say “I removed it to install the above DH and repair it”, what do you mean exactly?

The process should be: Pair device to smartthings hub > assign custom device handler in IDE (doesn’t matter if you create the DH before or after you paired the device). No need to remove anything

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

What that sentence should say is: re-pair rather that repair. I figured it would be easier to have the DH installed first. I now know that’s not necessary.

Could it be that smartthings hasn’t quite removed the blind completely, so when you’re attempting to re-pair, it’s believing it’s already paired? Have you checked in IDE to ensure that only the devices you expect to see are in there?

If you’ve factory reset the blinds, then they should be primed and ready to pair again with a new hub - so presumably they are not the problem

It could well be, I didn’t see anything obvious in the IDE.

Though you saying that has me remembering that i’ve seen my phone in there several times. It might be that the blind thinks its a phone or something. I definitely can’t see those things on the ST app. Ill try and remove all of the phones through the IDE and see if it will pair.

Well there it is:

[*****] Galaxy S9+ - Ikea Smart Blind user_uuid:foobar bang ACTIVE Cloud 15 hours ago

Can’t delete it though

Mobile Presence made by Android could not be deleted.

But its not showing up in the App.

It doesn’t have a Zigbee ID which makes me thing its not the blind.

So i’ve updated the type to not be the Ikea Smart Blind. From what I understand this should make a difference especially if it is the phone rather than the blind.

UPDATE!

Some more googling!

Saw in this thread: Could not create mobile presence device

Some of the questions were if someone was using the classic app.

So I downloaded the class app. Turns out, using the classic app lets it pair immediately! It also appears on the non-classic app so success I guess.

So the following is all through the new app:

I have managed to set the max level, but I could only see to do that if I reset the blind, then set the max level and re-paired the blind. But that works.

Can’t see to get it to work through Google Assistant.

Works through scenes.

Im happy enough that its paired let alone controllable.

Thanks

For the help guys!

I hope these can natively work with Google soon very annoying having to make scenes etc

Also anyway to get it to show battery in the new app everything else works fine.

Hm, tried to ad this device handler using the Github repo
but I get message " Updated 0 devices and created 0 new devices (1 skipped due to errors)"
when trying to create the devicetypes/IKEA-window-blinds package :frowning:

Can someone please help me out why?
To create the manually from code is working fine.

Thanks

There is a handler in the list on the IDE called battery window shade it works perfectly and also works perfectly in the new app give it a shot.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try that

The open close button is working but it seems a bit of a mess especially in the new app it shows 4 buttons and when the top one is pressed is shows the first one is pressed then when you press the bottom button in the app shows the first and second one being pressed.

As the commands are being received surely this should be relatively easy to clean up and just have two buttons showing and working independently.

Hello All

I’m a relatively novice user of smart things, and have been using it mainly as a home security assistant to arm/disarm the house using presence sensors (our phones) to trigger alerts.

We’ve been eyeing the Ikea fyrtur blinds for awhile now, and want to pull the trigger. Our main use would be to lower and raise the blinds automatically - when we arrive to open the blinds, to close the blinds at night, raise them in the morning and close again when we leave.

I’m a bit concerned that it appears that the smart things app automations do not appear to be 100% reliable. I’ve never used webcore, but the classic version of smart things has been working fine for me. Any thoughts on if the classic app can handle my needs, or should I start researching webcore? Or should I be looking at another hub/device handler that will be able to automate reliably?

Thanks for any assistance

I’m having the darnedest time getting two Fyrtur shades joined. I’ve reset them over and over, entered pairing mode over and over, and nothing works. I’ve even stood right next to my v1 hub for the full two minutes until the blinds time out of pairing mode. No dice.

Is there some trick I don’t understand?

Starting from scratch, I push both buttons on the shades for 5 secs to reset them. Then I put my hub into pairing mode. Then I push both buttons on the blinds quickly to put the blinds in pairing mode. Then I wait.

Nothing happens.

:frowning:

Any tips would be appreciated!

It is possible the blind cannot pair with the v1 hub.

Firmware for the button remote updated 2.2.009.

Think I still give it a little longer before connecting back to smarthings. I’m hoping for local control, although I won’t hold my breath.

How did you update the firmware - through the Tradfri gateway ?