[DEPRECATED] - Hive (Connect) V2.6 (British Gas Hive)

Winner! That sorted it - how weird.

As a reward for your quick reply, have a screenshot of how it looks in Android without editing any UI elements in or out…

Do you prefer this Android UI or the old one?

I prefer this one, it prioritises the important stuff (how cold I am) and manages to get the other bits of information in (Mode and Heating/Idle) without using so much space.

Also, I like the gradient effect. I wasn’t going to rush out and buy an iPhone just for that, but I felt a little bit jealous of the iOS gradient :smile:

Hi Alex

This is odd, but I found that when I published and changed the following in the Device (already created) Label, Type, Zigbee ID, Network ID, and set the Preferences.

This made it work for me.

I did notice that on my handset, the app was defaulting to the default zone (in my case ground floor heating zone). To solve this I performed the following actions:

• Open the device on the Smartthings app on the phone
  • Select the ‘Edit Device’ option
  • Select ‘Done’ (Assuming the information entered in the Preferences section on the ‘My Devices’ page on the Smartthings dev portal).

The Device in the Smartthings app will now report the correct zone values and status.

Alex, the new UI is great, looks much better and the status message. I think it might be easier to change the temp value with buttons, but I don’t do this often so not much of an issue for me.

Hope this helps

New update v1.11.1. Now should automatically update state every 10 minutes WITHOUT Pollster! This has been working for me since last night. Let me know how you get on.

1. Remove device from Pollster first.
  2. Update with v1.11.1 code, save and publish.
  3. Go into Hive device Thing within mobile app.
  4. Click the 3 dots on top right.
  5. Click ‘Edit Device’.
  6. Click ‘Done’ to enforce update() method.
  7. Should be up and running without the need for Pollster.

New bug fix v1.11.2. If it’s currently working for you, you don’t need this release.

Some accounts have inactive thermostats lying around that trick the device type into selecting it. Added validation to ensure the thermostat selected is actively reporting back a temperature.

For anyone who has v1.11.1 and above, please update to v1.11.3. This version improves the scheduler reliability when using the device without the Pollster app. You will have to repeat steps 2 - 6 in previous post.

New release v1.12. Added the ability to adjust boost length. You can even alter the boost length during a boost (if that makes sense).

Hi,

I am not getting the slider next to the Boost button; I still have the refresh button for some strange reason?

I have published the code, and of course did the ‘edit-done’ step.

(I am on iOS and have the Hive 2).

Thanks in advance

Hi there, have you looked at post 100? Some people were finding the new device code was refusing to save.

It worked!

I didn’t pay attention to post 100 unfortunately, but the main thing is that it now displays the slider correctly.

That’s a great addition, thanks. Keep it coming!

Hey all,

I’m a British Gas myHome owner (very original version of Hive). I had to write a fork of this code to get it working with their different API calls. So last night I got an email from Hive saying ‘welcome to hive!’ which I thought was random, as I’ve had to use the hive web-site for sometime to manage my account… However, yesterday I noticed that I was unable to control my thermostat from my device type code any longer. So this morning I took a look at the logs, and all of the REST requests were coming back with bad request… So i checked out the URIs myself, and surly enough, they no longer respond.

So i tried the hive active heating device type, and boom- it looks like they have migrated us old timers over to the new API system… However, i’m not sure if it is the device type or hive, but it appears to be either a bit slow or unreliable when changing temperature… I’m going to keep an eye on it, but looks like all their systems are now unified :slight_smile:

Mines stopped working too! What did you do to get it working again?

Changing the temperature has a built in 3 second delay before refreshing the target temp in the Smartthings tiles. This is because after the command to update the temperature is sent it takes hive a bit of time to execute the temperature change. The official hive app has this delay too.

yeah, but mine does not seem to actually apply some of the time… not sure what is going on

Anyone else having issues with the Hive Device type today? My account and integration with ST seems to be running fine.

I’m on v1.12 and I’ve noticed that since ditching Pollster my Hive device type doesn’t update.

Example - in ST, my Hive was showing 13.6 degrees in the room, and idle with the thermostat set to 7. I can hear the heating is on.
Install Pollster and get it to poll Hive, and immediately the temp jumps to 15.9 degrees, Heating, because the thermostat has been set to 16 (my wife used the Hive app to turn it on, so ST was unaware)

I was hoping to ditch Pollster after one of your posts above since it fills my activity log with Polling all the time, am I doing something wrong?

The built in scheduler that is meant to update the device does rely on the ST scheduler that is known to hiccup now and then. To get it restarted, go into the hive device in the app, tap the top right, and click edit device. Without making changes, click ‘done’ in the top right. This should force the bit of code that reschedules the polling to run and you should start getting updates.

Not sure if I’m lucky, but mine seems to be ticking away quite happily.

I experience the same behaviour as pillock :frowning:

Let me know if doing the above does anything to auto poll?