[Deprecated] EchoSistant v4.5

Could you provide the proper way to uninstall previous version?

Certainly,
Just remove each of your rooms and then remove the app by taking the big red remove button. In the AWS just delete the skills by selecting them and clicking on the actions tab.

Iā€™ll be pushing out small updates over the next few days, so look for updates in the IDE.

If anyone sees any issues, please let me know so I can fix them asap.

A little bird showed me a little something and I thought I would let yā€™all know what is coming very soonā€¦

Yes, those are my Alexa Devices and yes, they are being selected as devices in STā€¦ without the need for a local running server!

9 Likes

Wait one Damn Minute! This is freaking AWESOME!!! i am NOT loving having to create a bunch of Virtual Devices but do love the authentic Alexa voice vs the ā€œFakeā€ Speech Synth via LANouncer on Fire Tabletsā€¦

Bring it on Baby! Sweeeeeeet!!!

PS. Will this include Fire Tablets?

1 Like

It can, possiblyā€¦ Gotta test check on that.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ it finds them and it wakes them up to speakā€¦ at least it did that to mine

1 Like

SOā€¦how soon are we talkinā€™ here?

Iā€™m waiting to hear back from the developer, but weā€™re probably looking at tomorrow.

1 Like

Information:

1 Like

For those of you following EchoSistant, I pushed out a couple small updates today.

1. some bug fixes
  2. additions to feedback.

You can now ask thisā€¦

Alexa, is the alarm on/off in the (House)
Alexa, is the garage door open/closed in the (House)

Bear with me for the Newb question, but upon first instal,l do I need both original Echosistant and V4.5? I am having problems getting it up and running, so wiped the apps and began again. but thought Iā€™d ask before doing the same mistakes again.

thanks for your input.

umm. think I got it. just did the new 4.5 versionā€¦ last time didnā€™t work for me now seems ok. thanks!

Wes

Hello Wes,
Thanks for installing EchoSistant.
You only need the files that are XXXX v4.5. There are 3 total.

Thanks Jason! Any reason when I ā€˜testā€™ my alexa skill I would get an (and hear a short tone)?
is that normal or do I have a weird setting somewhere?

thanks again.

Wes

Hello Wes,
That means that something isnā€™t quite right. Did you copy and paste the ST Token and ST ID into the Lambda correctly? And did you copy the complete ARN into the skill?

Found it again! I had the ID and token but my url was slightly different!. pasted that back in and getting proper response now! much appreciated

2 Likes

Need help on ā€˜Add New Repositoryā€™ step. Get error "You donā€™t have access to BamaRayne/SmartSuiteā€™. Advice?

Hi Dave,
Sorry for the late response on this. Did you get it to work?