[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

Before I forget, @bamarayne if I don’t get to it, could you please add ‘check the lights’ command. It is a quicker way of saying instead ‘what lights are on’

Alexa check the lights in my home. Alexa check the locks in my home…

Yep, I’ll take care of that tonight

1 Like

How about, Alexa ask home to give me it’s status.

She tells you what lights are on, Windows are open, doors are open, and locks are unlocked?

1 Like

That’s a good one too…But I want a quick command with a quick answer :slight_smile:

Me: Alexa, check the lights in my home…
Alexa: There are 5 lights on.

Me: Alexa, check the locks in my home
Alexa: You have one door unlocked

Me: Alexa, check the garage door in my home
Alexa: your garage door is closed

1 Like

I just added this, but not released it…

Alexa, is the garage door open/closed?

1 Like

I think im missing something. I installed the first smartapp from code, saved, published for me, no problems. then i follow the steps to install the child app software. Start a new smartapp from code, then back to the wiki page and i click on the link, but it just opens the same wiki page, not a github link, like the first smartapp link does. Im not sure where to look for the code. Is the link going to the wrong place, or am i just missing something?

Thanks!

That link takes you back to the top where the links are located for all of the software

Ahh, ok thanks. I was thinking it would take me to another github page like the first link. So the walk through says child app plug in modules, does that refer to all 3 of these that i need to install:

Or is it the profiles module?

To get started. When you are installing for the first time, and you are using the current software versions reference table, the only two apps that you MUST create initially is the Echosistant (Parent App), publish and OAuth Enabled. The second app you need (child app) is the Profiles Module (create this but don’t publish. The rest of the Child apps (optional modules) do not need to be installed right now. Less complicated. After getting those two apps installed, configure a Profile from within the SmartThings app and then move on to the sections for creating/configuring LAMBDA and Amazon Developer. Just a quick tip to get you going faster.

2 Likes

good deal, thanks again!!

1 Like

Do i need to go into Lamda and AWS to upgrade to 4.1 or can it all be done in the IDE and Github

Please go up to the first post in this thread… it gives all of the details you need to update.

In the light of recently announced features and enhancements from Amazon, what are the TWO most valuable features that you might be using the ES in the near future (or any custom skills for that matter)?

• Receive Feedback and on time notifications about events in my home
  • Generate reports about the status of my home
  • Control devices in my home
  • Send messages between rooms
  • I don’t think that custom skills will be useful
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

1 Like

Quick check. Are there any users out there who are currently use Notifications to trigger a CoRE/webCoRE piston?

Yes. I use it to trigger Family Movies and Naptime for my son.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find the installation files for the Messaging and Control Profile Modules… they’re not listed in the Wiki any more. :frowning:

That is the first link in the second block

Echo: profiles

ah yes. Thanks!

2 Likes

No problem… Enjoy the app!

1 Like

How can I use this to query temperature or window state in a room, without saying the full device name?

For example

“What is the temperature in Thomas’s Bedroom?”
“Is Thomas’s Bedroom window open?”

rather than

“What is the temperature on the Thomas Motion Sensor?”
“Are there any Windows Open?”

There doesn’t seem to be a temperature or contact sensor option for the room profiles?