[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Odd I thought I saw motion in a “right now” for the blink motion only with the camera part disabled, that got me thinking the motion sensor was working idependently. Guess it was another artifact wishing the ST system. Ugh. I’m switching(bad choice of wording) back to camera mode. Hopefully SHM will be stable enough for actual usage soon.

You aren’t the only one, it’s been plaguing many folks in many different forms from ghost events to random notifications and changes.

I have a bit of an issue . My Bink cameras are armed but the motion detection is turned off. I use rule machine to turn off the motion detection if my wife or I are home. In Blink Camera Manager smart app I have the “take a picture if motion detected” turned off. But it’s taking picture when ever there is motion. The pictures shows up the activity feed tab for notifications. Why is this happening if motion detection is off and the option to take pictures is off?

1 Like

I have the same issue. I tried the Blink app to disarm motion on the cameras when I arrive and Rule machine. The only thing that turns them off is going to them in the ST app and turning them off

I think I figured out the problem. In rule machine, I was using the switch to turn the camera on or off versus using the custom command enablecamera and disablecamera.

2 Likes

You would have enabled the option to change the switch behavior to system instead of camera in the Blink Camera Manager

I did that Roy and got the same results. FYI it was working a week ago with no issues

It looks like the Blink server is having issue, (open Live Logging and you’ll see), it’s returning a 409 error. Reported it to the blink engineers.

2 things:

1. Make sure you have the latest device handler and blink camera manager smartapp
  2. I tested the switch interface option and that’s working fine, however enable/disable individual camera isn’t working due to the blink server issue right now (arm/disarm sync module is working fine)

Crap, my previous post didn’t work. It’s still taking pictures. Weird

I don’t want to use system because two of my cameras I want motion on when we are gone and the third camera , which is outside, is only on at night.

Okay I was seeing the same issue. Blink engg gave me a pointer, my sync module had gone offline which is why the commands were failing with 409’s and the device went into a retry loop. I checked and sure enough the blue light was off.

I rebooted the sync module and it started working right away. Try rebooting your sync module (power cycle it)

##IMPORTANT UPDATE:

###Blink Camera Manager - Version 3.8.0

• Added support to detect if Sync Module is offline and report it to the user. Also don’t send configuration commands if sync module is offline (avoid infinite retry loop because sync module is offline)

###Blink Device Handler - Version 3.4.0

• Added support to detect if Sync Module is offline and report it to the user.

Please UPDATE to this version on request of the Blink Engineers to avoid overloading the server when the sync module goes offline.

3 Likes

Wow, Blink can’t even do this yet.

By the way, Blink says the Sync Module is supposed to reboot itself if it drops the WiFi connection. Mine required two firmware updates before mine would do this. Ask Blink support to load the latest firmware if you have this issue.

1 Like

You’re right mine didn’t either.

However, note to ALL users. Please UPDATE to the latest version on request of the Blink Engineers to avoid overloading the server when the sync module goes offline. (with the older version the SmartApp will keep trying to contact the server to retry failing commands i.e. when the sync module is offline)

ok my cameras are still not disarming. I had the IDE running when I came home this time. My alarm turned off house changed to Home, garage opened but cameras stayed armed. I have a rule in RM that should disable them and I have the Blink app set to disable them. I have to click the off button in the DH to turn them off. I am on the latest DH and App

Uploading…

I have mine setup with all switches turned off in the Blink app (except for Retry commands on server error) and rely solely on Rule Machine to turn on/off the individual cameras. So far I haven’t seen any issues.

Good afternoon all,

I have had it with SHM not working and interfering with Blink Arm/Disarm, Changing the status of the SHM Arm/Disarm…So I uninstalled it completely.

My Recommendation is to go into the Market place->SmartApps->Safety & Security->(Install) Smart Alarm by @geko instead of SHM.

Now my Smart Lighting can with out a problem Arm/Disarm my Blink cameras. But the Push notifications from ST is still a hit and miss.

Thanks for great work @RBoy with the Blink integration.

2 Likes

Avoid using the SHM integration, I think SHM still may be broken right now with ST. It’s not be sending the event notifications to the SmartApp. Instead either use Routines or Rule Machine for now.

POLL: Should we get rid of SHM integration until ST fixes it?

1 Like

Response from Blink support for anyone facing the issue:

Thank you for contacting Blink. I’m sorry that your Sync Module fell offline and you had to manually power cycle it. I took a look at your account logs. It looks like what happened was your Sync Module fell offline during the firmware update which caused it to not be able to reboot itself. I checked to make sure you were on the latest version of firmware now, and you are. This issue shouldn’t happen again in the future, but if it does, please let us know so we can look into why this happened.