[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Mine doesn’t update at all in the smartthings app. Unless I press the update sensor button.
At least there is no temp in the devices history

Got a message to update the blink camera app tried to instal Rboy new app and I get this message

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script15017017728911196226862.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script15017017728911196226862$_run_closure1) values: [script15017017728911196226862$_run_closure1@7ea64464]
Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure) @ line 66

Did you update the device handler and the app?

You’re using the wrong instructions. You’re pasting the device handler code in the SmartApp

2 Likes

Didn’t see this listed but have a question on whether it is possible once one camera detects motion all the cameras can take a snapshot at the same time. or if there is an option to where you can manually trigger all the cameras at the same time to take a snapshot at once to view. I know i can access each camera and do it. but was just curious if this is a feature that is available and if so how do i set it up. Thanks for all your help.

SmartApp no 14

1. Intruder Alert with Alarms, Lights and Camera Pictures
1 Like

Thats perfect i will try it out. is there away to perform the multicamera capture through a routine?

How come I don’t get temp changes in the device history? Also the temp tile doesn’t changes unless I press “sensor update”

This issues seems to have been fixed a couple of weeks after I reported it. Another issue where night vision was underexposed when a light source is visible seems to have been fixed recently.

Night vision is much better now.

I don’t see any announcement by Blink where these were fixed.

They’ve certainly been doing other things as well, the devices use a different host name now, that is basically “MAC address-mysimplelink”. An insignificant change but it would be nice to know about firmware update being pushed out.

1 Like

Thanks! I just used your code.

Here is another one if someone wants to save $25. It’s still a better deal than the $10 off for signing up for their newsletter.

1 Like

And I just used yours and got another XT (Refurbished) so was only $75. Works for me!

Here’s another code. I wonder if you can stack other discounts?..

1 Like

Can the DTH be installed without a HUB? Meaning, can someone download the ST App, installed the DTH and SmartApp and have access to their cameras without ever buying a HUB?

It needs a hub to attach and install the devices to, ST requirement. If you have multiple hubs the SmartApp will prompt you to select the hub to install (attach) the Blink cameras.

1 Like

I just got new Blink XT cameras and setup this smartapp. The control works fine but live feed seems to be very slow and the video also has a green tint with actual picture in a smaller rectangle.

Is this a problem with the smartapp or do I need to update something in the cameras? The live feed in the Blink app works fine.

Do you see the Green hue in the Blink native app? If you do, than the XT is faulty and you need to open a ticket with the Blink support to have it replaced.

http://support.blinkforhome.com/customer/portal/emails/new

The feed through Blink App was fine. Smartapp feed also looks fine now though so maybe it was a temporary issue.

1 Like

Keep an eye on this.

How long did you have to wait? I ordered a 3 camera setup over the weekend and my order status still says that the order was received but nothing was shipped. Are these back-ordered? Looks like Amazon doesn’t have any stock either.

Hi @DITPL,

You should go to the community.Blink.com and post to @nick_at_blink. He may be better at answering this question.