[RELEASE] Intruder Alert with Support for Lights and Taking Pictures with a Camera

smartapp_alerts
smartapp_security
smartapp_cameras

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1

This is a customized version of the standard Smart Security app found in the ST platform.
This allows you to use motion sensors and door/contact sensors to check for intruders and sensors to monitor residents to avoid false alarms. Turn on lights, alarms, sirens, strobes, camera’s (pictures) etc.

Essentially this adds a few features:

1. Ability to turn on lights (instead of just flashing them) - can be useful if you have a camera in the room which can be turned on along with this (e.g. Foscam) to take pictures/record the intruder
  2. Camera’s support to take pictures when intruders are detected
  3. Set off alarm when doors are unlocked
  4. Custom notifications with alarm source identification

If you have suggestions please let us know and we’ll add them to the app.

This app is available on the RBoy ST SmartApps Server, http://smartthings.rboyapps.com. Refer to our facebook page below to get access to the server.
If you like the Apps consider supporting our development efforts. Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to all our Premium ST Apps Server. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps

The latest version of these apps with udpates are available on the RBoy server.

[SUSPENDED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications
Help When Schlage Connect Deadbolt Alarm is Triggered
[RELEASE] Door lock code/lock user management (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM integration
How to start siren when intrusion detected in "away" mode but not in "night" mode?
[SUSPENDED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications
New ADT partnership, new touchscreen hub and devices 10/29/2017

Can the SmartApp be modified to require two Motion Detectors to go Active before activating the sequence? I have a stray cat that wonders around outside at night and trips the Alarm.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #3

Let me look into it. it'll take some time But maybe I'll put a different app or try to integrate the functionality into a single app.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #4

Version 1.2.0 on request:
- Added support to set dimmer levels to 100% while turning on the lights

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #5

Cleaned up the code and refreshed it

(Rakesh Trivedi) #6

RB, Can this work with ST Hub and Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera - 1080P (1920TVL), IP2M-841 (Black)?

By the way, you seems Pro in ST world and I am very newbie. I believe most of my wishlist with ST Hub integration can be fulfilled by your smartApps.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #7

If you have a SmartDevice for your camera which exposes the imageCapture capability it will work.

However having said that from what I can see from the web the 1920TVL model appears to be running foscam firmware specs at the backend (can't confirm for sure). You can try the foscam SmartDevice and see if it's compatible and if so then it'll work perfectly

(Rakesh Trivedi) #8

@RBoy, I tried out to installing a device as explained in your website without any problem. But, it does send signal to Amcrest Camera. Is any other alternative?

Thanks

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #9

Added option to set off alarms when doors are unlocked

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #10

Verion 1.4.0
- You can enter multiple phone numbers to send an SMS to by separating them with a '+'. E.g. 5551234567+4447654321

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #11

Version 1.4.1
- Include alarm source details when sending alarm notifications

Hi, I have installed the app and set it to flash few lights when motion is detected. I see few issues.
1. It doesn't flash lights just turn them ON although I used the flash light and not the lights ON option.
2. I have one in wall GE switch that controllable and used in other APPs, this app is not affecting it at all.
3. I have added a simulated motion sensor just to see how it works, it is listed with all other motion sensors. When I click it it sends me text message but doesn't affect lights at all.
Other then that it works much better then SHM that completely stopped working.

Really like your apps!

Thanks

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #13
  1. Platform issue, timers aren't firing to turn it off - report it to ST support - or your switch is too far from the hub and isn't communicating properly so the turn off command is getting lost
  2. Don't understand the question; if why it isn't communicating is the question, it has nothing to do with the app, that's between the hub and device (the app calls the platform API's after that is' upto the platform and hub)
  3. Again can't say, see IDE live logging to note what's going on

All of the above sounds like a communication issue between your hub and light switch

BTW the GE light switches are VERY unreliable, I'm constantly (as in about once a month) having to repair them since they stop communicating with the hub.

ST support form what I saw so far doesn't really exist, never got any response from them!

Let me try to describe it, hopefully better. I am trying to control 4 switches with the Intruder Alert App

1 Dimmer (15ft from hub) - Always turns ON, not flashing

2 Switch (15ft form hub) - Always turns ON, not flashing

3 Wall switch (40ft from hub, 8 ft form Zwave Thermostat) - Never turns on

4 Switch (70ft from hub) - Always turns ON, not flashing

I can control all the above manually and with other applications flawlessly.so It doesn't look like communication or distance issue. I also ran the zwave repair procedure and all are reporting ok.

As for the simulated motion detector, I have added it to the list of motion sensors that triggers the alarm. When a real motion sensor on the list is triggered I get the push message, text message and the lights turns ON (#1,2,4 always).
When I turn On/Off the simulated motion sensor I get the notification and text message but the lights never turns on.

Hope that this is a better explanation.

Thanks for the GE feedback!

Ron

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #15

Does not rule out a communication issue. Flashing is a VERY intense operation and the ST and platform hub aren't good with doing a series of short operations for multiple reasons:
1. The hub itself can't handle series of short communications with devices as it doesn't retry failed commands
2. The platform timers don't support short resolutions. One way to test it to modify the code and change the timing to flash every say 5 seconds on/off (change the on/off delay on lines 342 and 343 to 5000).

This code was developed when the platform did respond to short operations but with the recent changes it just doesn't allow for it reliably so maybe the feature should be dropped.

Can't say, don't know how the simulated sensor code is written, possibly it isn't sending the required event notifications to ST or more likely the communication with the switch is failing. Again the best way to see what's going is to open the IDE live logging and trace through what events are being received by the app and what commands the app is sending (it logs everything in detail). It should help you isolate where the issue in your setup might be.

Thanks, really appreciate your help support and advice, I will try it tonight

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #17

Anytime, thanks for your support

(Rob miller) #18

Why does this not work with smartt cam from Samsung??

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #19

Intruder Alert with Alarms, Lights and Camera Pictures - Version 1.5.0

• Workaround for ST bug with contact address book for notifications

(Broderick) #20

Does this smartapp allow for "wait to arm" "wait to alarm" functionality like smart alarm? For example, I need to time to disarm the system before it goes off when I come home. Also, I don't want it to arm until 5 minutes after I press "away mode", etc.