Den UK Lightswitches

I have a Google Home so being able to talk to this shouldnt be a problem as SmartThings is hooked up to that?

I have been trying to find the prices of the Den Automation but cant find anything. Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi Russel. They told me that next month they will start pre-orders from their website. We have to wait and see for the prices.

What I do not know is if the hub Den has creates any issues in the network since Smartthings hub also supports Zigbee. Maybe its not possible to have two zigbee hubs in the same network and area.
I am waiting to see if anyone will reply on this.

I actually found their prices on their crowdfunding website. (That is if they keep these prices for the general market)

This the text of an email I sent to DEN.

Hi there,
I’m interested in your product and would like to know what ZigBee profile you are using.
I have a SmartThings hub that uses ZHA 1.2 and if you devices use this I may be able to connect them directly into the hub.
Thanks,
Bob.

Here is the response.

Hey Bob

Thanks for your enquiry,

Den products talk to each other using standard 3.0 ZigBee technology, however, you communicate with the hub using Wi-Fi.

It takes a huge amount of resource to get these things talking but we’ve designed our products to work with both Amazon’s Echo (Alexa) and Google Home.
We do not plan to ever have an open API so you would not be able to connect to other systems but we are working towards being compatible with Apple HomeKit in the future.

I’ll keep save your details in our database and keep you updated!

Please send us an email if you have any further questions.

Thank you

Peace and Love
Team Den

Hmmmmm…

They are not listed on the official zigbee alliance website as having certified zigbee 3.0 devices.

That site isn’t always up-to-date, but I would ask them for a copy of their certification.

http://www.zigbee.org/zigbee-products-2/

2 Likes

Hey guys!

Hope you’re all doing well :slightly_smiling_face:

Yasser here, Founder at Den! After more than 3 years of development, we finally began shipping products to customers this week! Products are now available to purchase from our site with next day delivery. Feedback has been incredible!

Here’s a link to our site www.getden.co.uk

Let know if you have any questions!

Lots of love!
Yasser

2 Likes

Can you confirm what they are compatible with?

• Smarthings?
  • HomeKit?
  • Alexa?
  • Google Home?

There are lots of people waiting to flood Den with purchases based on the answers to this question! Come on Yassa please.

3 days and no answer from Den. I hope its not another closed system where the creators expect you to lock your self in to their ecosystem. Very 1990s if so.

1 Like

They don’t seem to process orders very well either… now approaching 4 working days and not even a despatch notice… ho hum

Compatible with:

• Amazon Alexa (up and running)
  • Google Home (waiting for approval, next 1-2 weeks)

Coming Soon

• HomeKit
  • IFTTT

Thanks
Yasser

Hey Robin

Yes we are working on this - expecting to ship these in May 19

Thanks
Yasser

Replied :slight_smile: Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Kevin - I cant write a separate message as listed to 3 per topic. I am very sorry to hear this, very odd. We sent hundreds of orders out last week. Please can you email me your details via yasser@getden.co.uk and I will get this sorted immediately.

Thanks
Yasser

So I understand well, you come in a smartthings forum to post about a non SmartThings compatible product?

Seems that way!

Have to say, I was really looking forward to Den but the fact that the products are not standard ZigBee is such a huge disappointment. There’s another thread about it over here - Den home automation where I posted a response from Den’s tech support about protocol choice.

The absolute last thing the smart home world needs is more proprietary local protocols and hubs. :disappointed: As if it’s not confusing enough for regular folk already!

@Yasser_Khattak I wish you the very best of luck - it’s great to see a British company in the Smart Home space. But IMHO going with a custom protocol is a grave mistake.

Hmmm, actually just seen the post above from @JDRoberts. Looks like there are conflicting reports - Den told me that it’s NOT standard ZigBee?? :confused:

1 Like

Jesus, another hecking hub! Really disappointing @Yasser_Khattak.

Actually, my post was just quoting the response @bobbles got from the company.

My guess is it’s just the usual startup company issues: they probably originally intended to be zigbee 3.0 pre-release, but then for whatever reason, maybe just to avoid having to provide customer support for 3rd party devices, decided to go with “manufacturer proprietary.” The zigbee standard does allow for that, and it definitely simplifies customer support.

Or it could be that the devices do use Zigbee but do not officially support it to reduce their testing/support costs.

1 Like

Hi Yasser,
With or without your hub (I would prefer without your hub) any chance we could have your amazing products working with Smartthings?
If you needa tester (Alpha, Beta, whatever) more than happy to support a UK company.
All the Best,
Darren