Delay SHM from using Motion Detectors when Armed(Away)

So, I tried it out when I got home. It worked well for me. The motion sensors did not set anything off and I walked across to my tablet and it was set to disarmed. I hit disarm again to ensure it stayed in that state.

I will also play around with simply delaying the motion sensors in webcore. My only concern with the SMH true exit/entry method is that it would likely confuse the heck out of my wife and kids when they see the disarm state and they will likely assume the alarm is off resulting in false alarms when the alarm state turns back on after the delay.

I also have some triggers set up to sound an entry beeper until the alarm state changes to stay. But this method turns the beeper off.

1 Like

Updated SHM Delay smartapp on Sep 26, 2017. Change includes support for motion sensors and other devices triggerring an alarm during the entry delay time.

• Optional ‘Followed’ Motion Sensor in Monitored Contact Sensor Profile. Meaning: In alarm state Away, when the monitored contact sensor opens, this motion sensor is ignored, otherwise It reacts normally.
  • ‘True EntryDelay Mode’ when this option is true, all other system sensors are ignored for EntryDelay seconds. Note: this is accomplished by setting Alarm State to ‘off’.
1 Like

Sorry if posting to wrong topic, pretty new here. First of all, thanks! This makes SMH usable. I have a large dog so I use Arm Stay even when I leave the house and only used Armed Away when the house is completely empty. Therefor I was hoping to be able to utilize a delay in Armed Stay mode. I figured setting up Armed stay to ignore my entry/exiit door and just monitor the virtualsensor would work like Armed Away but there is no exit delay in armed stay that I can tell (first opening even in matter of seconds causes entry delay not exit delay).

Any thoughts? Maybe I’ve stared at this so long I’m missing some simple logic.

See the true night flag in global settings it should be set off, giving an entry delay in stay mode

Yeah that bugger is set to off. It gives me an entry delay in stay mode but not an exit delay in stay mode. Again, maybe that’s the point of stay mode arming but I’m not really home (dog sets off motion detectors).

Let me know how your system is normally armed and I will do my best to give you some custom code to generate an entry delay when arming in stay mode.

I arm the system via actiontiles on a Kindle 7 right next to my inside door leading to my garage (really only delayed exit and entry point I need). When I forget to set it, I use the SMH in the smartthings app to set it . Again both ways I prefer to set it as Stay unless going on a vacation where the dog won’t be in the house, then I set it to away so all motion sensors (besides outdoor arlo camers) will be utilized. Does that make sense? I appreciate your help! (donation coming today regardless of whether or not we get this portion to work :slight_smile: )

I’ll take a look at the code, it really helps knowing how your system is armed.

However, assuming your vacations are infrequent enough, simply remove the motion sensor(s) from the Delay profile (and SHM), then arm in away mode to get the exit delay. When going on vacation add the motion sensor(s) back into the profile.

Appreciate the donation.