D-Link Cameras - installation failure

Can someone tell me what is going on here?
This is what happens when I attempt to add a D-Link camera:
I start out by adding a smart app: Custom: blebson: D-Link Camera Manager (connect). I add “RiverCam North” and end up at this screen (see attached)

Notice their is a section for Camera Name, one for Add Camera, one for Camera Settings, and Hub Settings.
Please notice that under Camera Settings, their is only one input: Camera Password.

If you examine the code you find:

preferences {
page(name: “mainPage”, title: “Install Video Camera”, install: true, uninstall:true) {
section(“Camera Name”) {
label(name: “label”, title: “Name This Camera”, required: true, multiple: false, submitOnChange: true)
}
section(“Add a Camera”) {
input(“CameraType”,“enum”, title: “Camera Model”, description: “Please select your camera model”, required:false, submitOnChange: true,
options: [“DCS-5009L”, “DCS-5010L”, “DCS-5020L”, “DCS-5029L”, “DCS-5030L”, “DCS-5211L”, “DCS-5222L”], displayDuringSetup: true)
}
section(“Camera Settings:”){
input(“CameraIP”, “string”, title:“Camera IP Address”, description: “Please enter your camera’s IP Address”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“CameraPort”, “string”, title:“Camera Port”, description: “Please enter your camera’s HTTP Port”, defaultValue: 80 , required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“VideoIP”, “string”, title:“Video IP Address”, description: “Please enter your camera’s IP Address (use external IP if you are using port forwarding)”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“VideoPort”, “string”, title:“Video Port”, description: “Please enter your camera’s Video Port (use external Port if you are using port forwarding)”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“CameraUser”, “string”, title:“Camera User”, description: “Please enter your camera’s username”, required: false, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“CameraPassword”, “password”, title:“Camera Password”, description: “Please enter your camera’s password”, required: false, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“CameraPresetOne”, “string”, title:“Camera Preset 1”, description: “Please enter which preset view you want to use (other than ‘Home’)”, defaultValue: 1 , required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“CameraPresetTwo”, “string”, title:“Camera Preset 2”, description: “Please enter which preset view you want to use (other than ‘Home’)”, defaultValue: 2 , required: false, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“CameraPresetThree”, “string”, title:“Camera Preset 3”, description: “Please enter which preset view you want to use (other than ‘Home’)”, defaultValue: 3 , required: false, displayDuringSetup: true)
}
section(“Hub Settings”){
input(“hubName”, “hub”, title:“Hub”, description: “Please select your Hub”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
}
}

}

Please notice the code asks for “Add Camera”, and then moves on to “Camera Settings”. Under settings is asks for IP, Port, User Name, etc. Those questions never come up.

So I am thinking I am using an old version of the code. I down load a fresh copy of the code. I save it; publish it; etc.

I delete both the Manager module, as well as the Child modules. I restart the phone, and try it a second time. I end up right back where I started.

Can someone tell me please, what am I missing?

Whenever you have a problem with community- created code, you will usually get the fastest answer by looking in the author thread for that code. When you post there, the author will be automatically notified that there is a new post and other people using the same code may also be able to help.

In this case, if you look near the end of that thread, you will see that the code, which was first created in 2016, has not been updated to work with the new app or the new platform, so unfortunately it is not functional at this time. :disappointed_relieved:

[RELEASE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) - Add your D-Link IP Cameras to SmartThings! Video Streaming, Image Capture, Motion Detection and more

Thank you John,
I did look, but obviously not far enough. And then after posting my question I found not only the post your referred to, but also Lebson’s reply about finding time to look at it.

I have tried a couple of times to make this group of files work (several years ago) but always under the “new” application. I didn’t have the nerve to examine the code back then. I finally opened the code and the fault makes no sense to me, unless the problem has to do with a buffer problem.

I came back to give this another try because I found something from Samsung that suggested the code had been upgraded (modified, approved, etc.) and I thought it might work this time.

Guess I either downloaded the wrong code, or didn’t fine the NEW and approved code for d-link cameras.

Thanks Again
Todd

1 Like

This doesn’t exist. The new app has really locked down custom integrations for cameras. You can only use the official integrations AFAIK.