Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

Back to Actual device Deals… if anyone’s been waiting to buy anything Harmony…

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-logitech-smart-or-ultimate-home-touch-screen-remotes

The Ultimate Home remote is available, refurbished, for quite a bit off.

Full disclosure, so i don’t get “flogged” by anyone on the forums… Logitech did just announce a new version of this, called Harmony Elite:

I like the looks better… but not $140 better!

2 Likes

Another 349.99$ for a broken integration :wink: Looks like they moved the current iOS harmony app (with a new black background) on the remote.

I just got a fact Refurb Home without the touchscreen for $92 on Fleabay. By the box and condition I think they are tagged as refurbs but are actually NOS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301542754544?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Paired right up and is working perfect ( except light dimming not sticking on GE bulbs when adjusted with remote )

1 Like

Sam’s Club has TCP connected bulbs for just under $10 right now.

I currently have Philips Hur and Lux bulbs with my smartthings hub.

Any experiences with combining TCP connected bulbs?

Just search the forum and you will find all the experiences that you want! :slight_smile: I exclusively use hues and lux’s except for a couple of crees and ge links for the heck of it. And hopefully with the soon coming Philips hue dimmer, I am good! Hue integration for the last few weeks has been extremely good since I changed the channel on them.

TCP is a different protocol than Hue.

It’s a cloud to cloud integration, and I believe it’s still in beta. People have had a number of different issues with the integration. See, for example:

Looking forward to the HUE dimmer also. Have they announced release date/pricing yet?

@RoadRunner, thanks for telling me about the GoControl. I picked up the 2 contact / 1 motion pack at HD this morning, and they’re already deployed. A nice benefit of the motion sensor (it’s an Ecolink) is that is also reports temperature.

Monoprice put some stuff on sale.

Door/window sensors $19.90
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=122&cp_id=12212&cs_id=1221201&p_id=10795&seq=1&format=2

Garage door sensor $22.49

Hmm, I was just at Sam’s and didn’t notice them. TCP connected bulb REQUIRE the TCP hub . C2C with ST V2 seems to be working pretty good as far as showing the proper states of the bulbs and being able to control them. I haven’t tried actually including them in any rules yet. I gave all my TCP connected to the daughter and replaced them all with GE bulbs or installed a switch .
The TCP connected app does have it’s own rules engine, but that update was pushed out after I had already replaced them. I can confirm that if you add your TCP account to ST , they will all show up and you can control them with Alexa.
One issue I always had with the TCP bulbs is that if they are powered off for an extended time they will lose their pairing with the TCP hub and it can be a royal PIA to get them to reset and repair. I spent 2 hours the other day playing with one in my daughter’s basement. Somebody had shut off the lights with the switch and no matter how many times I tried to resync through the hub it was having nothing to do with it.
The great thing with TCP is the range. The hub is still in my house and all the bulbs are next door in the daughter’s. Outside of somebody shutting the power off to them they rarely lose connection. I found a deal with hub + 3 or 4 bulbs a couple years ago for $50 and snagged up a few of them. Just used one of the hubs.

Found the mimolite on Amazon, for $59.99, possibly from Fortrezz directly: http://www.amazon.com/FortrezZ-MIMOliteUS-Z-Wave-Multi-input-Contact/dp/B00B6RZ7MM/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A1MH8I9X7FNRV1

Supposed to be this month and its $40 including the dimmer and one of the new Hue lux bulbs.

@compliance I’am seeing the door/window sensors for $24.88. What am I missing?

Looks like it was a temporary price reduction

@Toasty Being completely new to ST. Do the Samsung door/ offer any distinct advantages over the Monoprice ones linked above. For example does pairing the Monoprice require extra steps? Delay in notification a sensor has been tripped?

With the Monoprice sensors being $15 cheaper and I am trying to understand why I would not load up on the Momoprice ones.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am going to be ordering the V2 hub this week.

pairing did not take extra steps. Best practice would be log into the IDE (developer control panel for your account and devices) and you can add the specific Monoprice door/window sensor device type, if the generic z-wave device type that is initially assigned by ST doesn’t work how you’d like. I am using mine as a smoke detector interface, so I modified the device type specifically for that.

Yup, it’s back to regular price. Toomuch, go with the GoControl kit mentioned not too far above. $50 for 2 door/window sensors and a motion sensor. I installed two of those kits this weekend and they are working great. Average price of $17/sensor in that kit is pretty good and it’s available at HomeDepot/Amazon.

1 Like

What version of the hub are you running these off of?

Super Deal on the IS-ZW-TSTAT-100 Thermostat! Thanks for posting this @Aboxman. Will be perfect for my garage thermostat. I ordered the last one that the eBay seller had at $18.71 (free shipping) thats give away pricing! Not the most elegant looking thermo, but in a garage setting its just fine.

1 Like

I bought monoprice ones and installed yesterday. They are working GREAT! I kept the OOTB designation of a generic zwave open/close sensor. I would be really curious if others changed it in IDE and if there are further benefits I am missing out of