CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

7000 was arbitrary. Set the max to 9000, Iā€™ll update CoRE too. How does 9000Ā°K look like? violet/black light?

1 Like

Sorry guys ive already searched but does anyone else have a problem with CoRe not changing the colour of Hue light bulbs?

I have a piston set up that when motion is detected, change colour of lights to warm light but all it does is turn them on with their previous setting.

any ideas?

Itā€™s hard to tell with the camera but it is kind of like a black light.

Hi - I seem to have acquired a blank piston on my dash board and in my app. Its paused but has no actions. I canā€™t edit it in the app as its not listed. Any ideas how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance. Nik

Its grey on the dashboard and blank when opened. Sorry if this has been answered before :slight_smile:

Well just realized that SmartLights does not auto turn off locally either. It states it is in Beta and operates from the cloud soā€¦why not use CoRE?

Never-the-less, I tried the grouping but I donā€™t see how to get three sets of Thenā€¦

Sorta need a Ifā€”>Then, But-Ifā€”>Then, Else (outside of these times, then wait 2 minutes, evaluate if no more motion, then turn off.

Easy enough to just do another piston that says from sunrise to sunrise or after 11pm to sunrise turn off if no motion.

In essence, I would like for during certain time periods, the light come on only at 30% and when the light changes greater than 30% then donā€™t change it back to 30% when detecting motion but turn off after 10 minutes but also after peak hours instead of 10 minutes then just wait 2 minutes.

I read the Wiki and it doesnā€™t look like this is possible.

Hi There all

How good is CoRE then?
So I have my 1st application for this amazing capability.
It intended to only activate the extractor when there is prolonged motion :wink:

IF
MOTION_SENSOR remains ACTIVE for 30 secs
THEN
Turn EXTRACTOR SWITCH on
Wait 2 mins
Turn EXTRACTOR SWITCH off

So I have found a way to do this using a TRIGGER that STAYS ACTIVE but the minimum time is 1 minute.
Has anyone got a better suggestion?

I had this problem too. A recently created scene was not showing up. To fix it, I had to disable LIFX integration in the core settings menu, recreate a new token thingy in the LIFX cloud, and re-enable LIFX integration in core again. Then my newly created scenes were there.

Thanks for letting me know Eric. Hopefully @ady624 has a quick fix in mind.

Forgot to mention, just visit the LIFX integration pge and tap Next as if you are setting it up again - no need to disable and reenable. I could make CoRE update them on its own when you open it but then it would slow down all the timeā€¦

1 Like

Maybe use a recovery stage to refresh the scenes? Http request, high risk of running out of time waiting for LIFXā€¦

I posted yesterday, but it seems like my question came in the middle of an unrelated CoRE issue so I donā€™t believe my question was seen by anyone. With that said, Iā€™m going to go ahead and post it again to see if anyone has any ideas now that things have calmed down a bit.

I am having trouble setting up my first piston. Any time I set up some series of conditions and actions I get a red bar saying ā€œAn unexpected error occurred.ā€ and I canā€™t seem to figure out why. It doesnā€™t matter what conditions I come up with. I tried to remove a piston and no matter how many times I click ā€œRemoveā€ they wonā€™t remove.

Thanks for any help!

Whatā€™re Hue gonna do next???

Did you try updating to the latest version?

Yep. Iā€™ve been updating constantly. I am linked to the project in the GitHub repository.

Nah I think its OK the way it is now - its easy enough to refresh and this way it doesnā€™t slow things down. The tricky part is for new folks to know they need to do that after adding / changing scenes. Maybe add a little note like ā€œDonā€™t see your scene? Try doing xyz in the settingsā€ or something like that.

Also as mentioned before I have a blank scene listed (no label) along with a toggle that makes it selectable. When I look at Lifx app there are no unlabeled scenes. Any idea whatā€™s causing that?

The scene / Lifx integration is working terrific - thanks again for this. The only thing Iā€™d like to see different is faster response times. When you walk into a pitch dark room and reach around for the light, its a bit disconcerting to stand there for 3 seconds while waiting for the light to come on (and wonder if it will). I know you said this is cloud delays but if you can think of any tricks to speed this up that would be great!

Maybe you need to use the Else-If or Then-If piston. I am no expert but if you have groups it might give you more Thenā€™s. Also, you can use the WHEN TRUE after your conditions so as not to use a THEN. Did you check out some of the previous posts? Michael gives some good examples of his pistons above.

OK, starting to play with my holiday light setup (I nuked it out of Rule Machine before Rule Machine bit the big one, so starting over). As I think Iā€™ve written it, if the timeā€™s between 90 minutes before sunset and sunrise and itā€™s November, December, or January, turn on the lights. Else if itā€™s any time of day December 24th/25th, turn on the lights. Else, turn off the lights.
In other words, on sunset-sunrise in November, December, and January, on all day December 24th and 25th, and off at all other times (I think):

Any gotchas? Easier ways to do it? Want to figure this one out before I go crazy with interior holiday light pistons!

Time is Anytime of day but only if the minute is 00 and 30.

Shouldnā€™t this execute every 30 minutes?

12:00
12:30
1:00
1:30
ā€¦

Nothing is happening

I ran into problems with "Wait"
My piston set up is:
If Light1 turns on
Then Wait 10 seconds and then turn on Light2

When I created a Basic or Simple piston, it skipped the Wait part and turns on Light2 straight away.
When I created a FollowUp piston, the first time I ran the piston, Light2 got turned on after 1 minute, the second time I ran it, Light2 did not turn on at all.

Please advice.
Thank you.

I think of it more like a restriction than an condition. What are you trying to schedule or trigger? How about using time happens at and then repeat the action every 30 mins.

1 Like