Convert DTH from Hubitat to ST? (Nedis/Tuya Zigbee Radiator Thermostat)

Hello, I´m new in this field and i´m trying to get Nedis Radiator Thermostat up and running on ST, I have been told that a string works for Hubitat, is anybody able to convert it to TS “language” or is there a utility able to do that?

Cheers

The language used is presently the same (it’s called Groovy), but some of the functionality is different, so there’s no simple conversion utility.

What specific model number is the device? And do you have a link to the Hubitat code?

Tiny details are often crucial in this kind of project.

BTW, I am not 100% sure, but I believe that is a rebranded Tuya Zigbee device.

If it is, it doesn’t look like anyone has written a device handler for it yet, but the Hubitat code would be a good place to start.

@johnconstantelo

Hi JD

The product is right here:
https://nedis.co.uk/en-gb/product/home-living/climate/thermostats/550743676/zigbee-smart-radiator-control?_ga=3415542.1619186801

this is the link for the Hubitat code

1 Like

Hi @Zennon.DK , have you tried using ST’s built in DTH called “Zigbee Thermostat” just to see if the basic controls work? There are a lot of additional capabilities/features in the Hubitat code than what ST has, so you would need a custom DTH developed. Porting Hubitat’s code over to ST is possible, it’s just going to take a little effort.

1 Like

I think Tuya uses extended codes in thier Zigbee devices, John so the default stuff rarely works. Every ‘need a DTH for Tuya XXX device’ I’ve seen ends in sadness because of this.

This is currently the single best post on what it takes to convert a ST DTH to a Hubitat driver -
App and driver porting to Hubitat - Why Hubitat Elevation / Wiki - Hubitat

You basically need to do all of these things in reverse…

2 Likes

They may, but these are also very new devices, using zigbee 3.0, so a lot of the older DTHs for ZHA 1.2 devices end up with missing features.

2 Likes

Complete agree with that statement, and why I avoid them. Even the new Aqara and Xiaomi Mijia devices still leverage their own cluster, but they still align well to the 3.0 spec and they work well too.

I did attempt to port a Hubitat driver to ST when I found their Halo smoke detector source on Github, but I quickly learned it was not worth the effort.

1 Like

Not yet I will try it out tomorrow

Did you make it work for the Nedis zbhtr10wt devices?