Convection Heaters

Does anyone know if there`s a smart thermostat out there that can control a convection heater and that ST also supports?

That item you linked there seems to have a built in thermostat. I’d try contacting the company directly and see if they have hookup options for external thermostats first. If they do I’d tend to think it would be a pretty standard hookup, but again, ask them that…see what they say.

I am using it with an external thermostat already but that external thermostat is not Z-wave enabled. I’m looking for a Z-wave thermostat that will ca handle electric convection heaters

Sorry… I guess I misunderstood. What brand/model of thermostat are you using right now?

I’m using a Honeywell
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/honeywell-5-2-day-programmable-baseboard-thermostat/903033

I also have the CT100 z-wave enabled thermostat for my main furnace I wonder if it will work with my convection heater if I were to purchase another CT100 thermostat

Assuming the thermostat has pretty much the same setup in terms of what connects to what, I’d think it would work.

You could always trying hooking up your existing with the convection heater and see if it works. Of course, it might damage the thermostat, but I wouldn’t think so.

I’ll give it a whirl.

Make sure to share your results. Could be helpful for the next guy (or gal).