Control US/CA 3A Smart ZigBee 3.0 Plug / Outlet with SmartThings

Is the Nue Smart Plug (AU/CA/US version) a zigbee repeater for Smartthings as well? If it can be a repeater, I will get a few to extend the network.

Yes, it will works as a ZigBee repeater as well.

I just got mine and am following your instructions. When I go into the developer tools, there is no option to edit the Zigbee settings (OTA enabled / unsecure rejoin). When I click view utilities I only get Z-Wave utilities, Hub Commands and Presence Timeout.

Any suggestions?

Hi Tim,

Please have a look the attached screenshot for reference. You should see them from this window.

Regards,

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

My screen is missing all of the Zigbee settings. I bought my SmartThings hub via kickstarter when they first launched. It seems as though the hardware / firmware is different than what you are running.

Where did you source yours from?

thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

My SmartThings hub is US version from America.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi all,

It appears to me its the " " in the DTH. Search and replace all in Notepad++ or something similar and the pasted driver above should save ok.

Hi,

You do not need the code anymore. Please just edit the device by selecting Type- ZigBee Switch and version-Published. If it still does not work, please tell me your email address and I will email the device handler to you.

Regards,

kevin

Do you realize that the photo on the main Amazon page shows instructions that include downloading the code for a custom DTH? People are going to follow that and not this obscure forum thread. You need to clean up the Amazon page, and make it more obvious what needs to be done.

Woiuld you kindly email to me the driver for 3A ZigBee Smart Socket Plug Model XY12S-10A. Also, please include updated instructions in the email, since the instructions in this discussion thread do not match what I am seeing on the screen.

Thanks

Hi Jim,

Please check the attachment for the device handler.

Regards,

Kevin

(Attachment 3A Nue ZigBee 3.0 Switch Outlet Device Handler (1).docx is missing)

Hi Jim,

I can not send it through SmartThings Community msg with an attachment, Please download the “3A Nue ZigBee 3.0 Switch Outlet Device Handler” from 3aSmartHome.com/downloads

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin

I have downloaded and installed this device handler, but I still

cannot get the device to connect to the application.

Note that I bought 2 of these 3A ZigBee Smart Socket Plugs at the

same time from Amazon. I connected one immediately without any
effort or having to install a handler. A couple of months later,
I tried to connect the 2nd one, but have had no luck at all.

Kindly advise next steps, or any tracing that I may try.

Thanks

Jim R

Hi,

1. It seems that you just need to reset the plug by pressing and holding the plug button for 10 seconds, then pair it with SmartThings hub again.

2. If the plug is paired as a Thing, you need to edit the Thing device by selecting device Type - “3A Nue ZigBee 3.0 Switch Outlet” or “ZigBee Switch” through https://account.smartthings.com/ .

Regards,

Kevin

@3asmarthome, what is the correct Device Handler for this switch? I followed the link from the Amazon sales posting from when I bought this back in June 2019 which brought me to this thread. I too had the same problem with both of the DTH scripts in this thread. It would just give me an error and not let me save the DTH. This switch has been working just fine as a switch but will not let me monitor the wattage usage through the Classic app. Is there a device handler that will let me use the all of the advertised functions of this switch?

Can you please help this is not working for me at all. I get error code
Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_da6d0b50_38bb_430f_9bc4_538ba28715bc: 14: unexpected token: Nue @ line 14, column 23. definition (name: “3A Nue ZigBee ZLL Socket”, namespace: “smartthings”, author: “SmartThings”) { ^ 1 error

Hi Chelsie,

For ZigBee 3.0 Plug / Outlet, you do not need your device handler. You can just login account.smartthings.com and edit the outlet device type - “ZigBee switch”.

Regards,

Kevin

Hello,
Thanks for replying. The switch isn’t connecting to my smart hub. I changed the settings as it says and search for the device and it’s not showing to connect. I have also reset about 5 times but still nothing?

Thanks

Hi @3asmarthome

I have managed to pair all the 2 gang and 3 gang switches to my SmartThings v3 hub. From the SmartThings Classic App it shows the 2 gang switches as having 2 individual switches I can toggle. In the SmartThings App it only shows the device with a single switch that doesn’t work. The devices can get recognised in Google Home but don’t work as they seem to have the same issue as the SmartThings App.

This means I am unable to control with my Google Home any of the 2 gang or 3 gang switches. Is there a version of the Device Handler that can improve compatibility with the SmartThings App and Google Home?

Hi,

For 2, 3, and 4 gang switches, you need to create children switches through SmartThings Classic APP after adding “Simulated switch device handler” and “Virtual Switch Syn SmartAPP”. You can download the instruction, device handlers from 3aSmartHome.com/downloads

Regards,

Kevin

1 Like