We have all been looking for a sliding (patio) door smart lock solution.
This project is essentially proof of concept using easily available components and a little bit of time.
What’s needed (Hardware):
- zwave or zigbee in wall (on/off) switch or plug in appliance module.
- drop bolt or magnetic electronic access control lock
- 12v DC plug in adapter (generic)
- metal strip (thickness of difference between door and jam)
- Iris/Centralite zigbee keypad
- outdoor weatherproof enclosure
- Spray paint to match lock with door jam
- in wall electrical: old work gang boxes, Romex wire, outlet
- heat shrink tubing to make it look nice
- zigbee or zwave door/window contact sensor
So the video explains it all.
Now the ST software side:
Installation instructions for both of these (DTH and SA) are in post 1 of each respective thread.
@zcorneli’s Iris/Centralite DTH:
@bamarayne’s Keypad Coordinator Smart App:
To be clear, @bamarayne’s smart app is the software crux of this project. His stellar work made this work right!
I hope this project serves an inspiration for your projects, and I’d love to see what everyone makes of their installs.
Enjoy, and please like and comment!