Communicating between two Hubs

I would like to be able to communicate from a sensor on a workshop ST hub to an alarm on the home ST hub.  The workshop is a separate building about 120 feet from my home. I purchased a ZCOMBO smoke/CO detector from Lowes for the workshop - this works fine with the Smartthings hub in the workshop. But I can’t hear the alarm in the house and sending a text to my cell phone won’t get my attention at night.

So I would like to be able to have the smoke alarm on the workshop hub activate an alarm (like the FortrezZ Siren Strobe Alarm) or even a light switch on the home hub so I would realize there was a problem in the workshop at night.  In sending this question to ST support, they said there was no direct way to do this currently. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Rick

That’s strange. I don’t have any alarms, but I do have a switch on one hub turning on lights on a second hub. Both hubs are assigned to the same location so in the mobile app all of the devices show up together regardless of which hub they are assigned to.

1 Like

Are these hubs physically in the same location or do they have the same names - or maybe both? I was going to give my two hubs separate names but I suppose there is no need to do that as long as I name the devices appropriately so I know where they are. Thanks for the info.

The two hubs have different names, but are assigned to the same location, our home. They are in two separate buildings, far enough apart that we couldn’t get repeaters to work, so like you, two hubs.

I set this up on an old version of the mobile app, now I can’t find where you would go to add a second hub to your location. Support might be able to move it around for you.

Thanks - I’ll give it a try.

A “location” is a concept in the ST world, and each “location” can have multiple hubs and devices associated with it. It sounds like you may have set up two different locations, and then assigned a hub to each. You should be able to move your hub from one location to another by logging in to the ST website and then browsing to:
https://graph.api.smartthings.com/hub/list

From there, click on the hub you want to move, then the “edit” button at the bottom of the page, then choose the location you want to associate with that hub.

Best of luck and hope this helps!