Color actions in my piston (set color, blink)

Hey guys,

I’m trying to figure out how to work with colors of an RGBW bulb. My IKEA RGBW bulb has a pleasant warm white color when I power toggle it. But whenever I change it to another color, I have a hard time getting the same color back.

Capture

What am I doing wrong? After pressing the button which should get me the same color back, SmartThings shows me a different color hex code.

The second thing I am trying to do is to get the lamp to blink in a different color and then go back to the previous color. But I am not sure how this feature works, it doesn’t go back to the color I had before blinking. Is the shortest blink still > 1 second?

SmartThings reports hue as a percentage (0-100) whereas most implementations are in degrees (0-360).

Your screenshot seems to show a Hue of 8% which would be roughly 29°.

I’d start by trying just setting the Hue, Saturation, Level using 29 instead of 8 for the hue value… though I recall that the IKEA bulbs use a bit of a weird color standard, so even that is internally being converted to match IKEAs standard.

Thanks, that worked better, it’s much closer. Not exactly the same, but the difference is hardly noticeable. Can’t get exactly the same number, since I can’t use decimal values for hue.

Anyone know if it’s possible to blink shorter than 1 second?

1 Like