CES 2020 (January 7-10, 2020)

Somebody at ST got very punny with the last sentence on the Smartcar integration

3 Likes

No comment on this video of the SmartThings model home at CES :zipper_mouth_face:
https://www.fox5vegas.com/video/inside-tour-of-a-smart-home-at-ces/video_20d7b399-05a6-5469-be94-abdff130afa6.html

LOL

10 char

Hmmmm
that looks like SmartDuvet, who have a patent on that kind of device. I looked into it about a year ago (the founder has an uncle in a wheelchair who was the original target market), but it’s essentially an inflated air mattress and I was afraid my dog would just destroy it.

(Not my dog, but the same idea.)

Do they have a smartthings integration now or is this a different device?

I agree, looks like SmartDuvet. No SmartThings integration. I can’t even find Alexa or ifttt integration for it

1 Like

Yea it is disappointing that August got rid of Z-Wave. Hopefully some local integration via IP?

They know which way the wind is blowing

Controlling the lock is done through August’s smartphone app, and it also supports Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit. The Wi-Fi Smart Lock is powered by two CR123 batteries, and the company says it will last about the same time as the Smart Lock Pro does with its four AA batteries. A new option in the August app lets you configure Amazon Dash to automatically reorder a set of batteries when it comes time to replace them.

I’m still waiting for a sliding patio door lock, I was hoping this would be the year since everyone seems to be getting into the smart lock game.

2 Likes

I was.not impressed with this ueqts announcements but a patio smart lock would.be a big seller
I think.

Looks like Conrad Connect is shutting down on Dec. 16, 2021

So, another one bite the dust.

What is the situation with Smartcar? Has that thing took of after CES 2020? I cannot remember that I read anything else about it. Was it another Samsung thing, where they announce somethings but there isn’t any actual product behind it?

Tagging @Automated_House who follows anything ST related

I haven’t seen anything come of the Smartcar announcement. In fact, there still isn’t a car capability like the SmartThings blog said

2 Likes

So that was another pointless announcement about something what probably has been axed a few weeks later.

Things never change at Samsung

1 Like