CES 2019 News

I don’t really understand what all that means. To be honest, by the time they try to gain market share we’ll be lucky if both zigbee and zwave are still competing in the consumer space or are relegated to prosumer by WiFi and Bluetooth.

2 Likes

Do you know how long Zigbee and ZWave have been around? There’s very good reasons why they are used over WiFi and BT for home automation.

1 Like

Yup. And I’m well aware of the reasons.

Any updates on the keypad? Not sure if i should stock up on the iris keypads before they disappear or wait for this

Haven’t heard anything. And probably too late for the iris keypads since Lowe’s pulled the inventory with the announcement of Iris shutting down.

Since the keypads are still used for Xfinity home and still manufactured by centralite, you may be able to find some from other sources.

Or wait a bit and see if centralite starts offering them through their own channels.

Centralite is planning on releasing a new retail keypad. We’ve completed the new keypad integration with ST last month but are awaiting some details to release a promo for the ST community. Can’t confirm when it will be released or when they will be in stock. They were supposed to be available by 1st week Feb it looks like they’re behind schedule.

4 Likes

SmartThings CES devices starting to filter in

3 Likes