Ceiling fans triggered by motion sensor

All my fans are new Hunters and I have been using Lutron Caseta switches to add integration to them. Lights are on separate switches from the blades. I can turn the fan on with my voice thru integration with Google Home, but there is not a integration with the Lutron fan controls / switches and SmartThings.
What have you all got working to get a ceiling fan to turn on with a SmartThings motion sensor? Do I need to convert to Leviton (DW4SF) fan switches??

Fortunately, The integration with the Caseta fan control was just added this month.

@jkp can say more.

Yes, you can connect the lutron caseta fans by selecting the wifi device option in the lutron caseta integration.

But… if you control the lutron caseta device from the lutron caseta app, wall switch or from google home… the status is not reported in the ST app. That part is messing up some of my automations.

You can control the devices in ST and that status shows correctly to lutron, etc.

1 Like

If you’d like to see what the other options are besides the Caseta switch, see the community FAQ. Although it mentions Alexa in the topic title, it applies whether you are using a voice assistant or not.

FAQ: 2020 Ceiling Fan and Dimmer light wall mount control compatible with SmartThings and Alexa? - #3 by JDRoberts

Note: the new Lutron caseta for wifi devices is labeled as not certified in the United States so use at your own risk.

1 Like

Can you walk me thru this like I’m 5 please. I can’t find the wifi device option. Is this in the app (ios) or thru the web page???

Go to Add Device
Click on the By brand tab at the top
Search for Lutron in the list and open it
Choose switch/dimmer
There is an option for Lutron wifi devices

1 Like

Got it!! It’s working, thank you!!!

3 Likes