Ceiling Fan Smart Bulb question

I have a question that I’m hoping the community can help me solve.

I have a hunter fan (product number 23457) with an integrated remote controller that controls the fan speed and dims the bulbs. I understand that I might not be able to control the fan remotely (as much as I would like to do that.) but I would like to be able to automate the dimming of the bulbs or at the least install color changing (smart) bulbs.

Unfortunately in order to do this I need to be able to disable the dimming capability of the receiver below the fan motor. The reason being that when I plug in smart bulbs they strobe and obviously don’t work properly.

I already contacted Hunter Fan (the manufacturer) and their suggestion was to reinstall the incandescent bulbs that came with the fan (which I’m sure have long burned out) that the fan receiver required a chip in it to make the smart bulbs operate properly… Mind you I’m pretty sure this person didn’t know what he was talking about since I currently have Cree LED bulbs installed and they turn on/off and dim just fine (with the remote)… I just can’t automate the dimming and would like to be able to do that…

I’m wondering if anyone would know if it is possible to bypass the remote controller so that clean power from the wall outlet is going to the fan. I will probably take the receiver apart at some point but wanted to inquire here to see if anyone has attempted something like this before.

I should point out that there is (as far as I can tell) only one set of wires going from the fan to the wall so installing dual switches to control the fan separate from the light is not an option.

I have done something similar for a Minka Aire fan. Instead of the aeon relay you could just install the smart bulb.

sorry, just read your post again… you only have one set of wires…

You could use a battery powered switch for the ceiling fan (see below) on the wall and put a fan controller switch (e.g. GE12720) in the fan housing - yes, put the actual switch in the fan housing. Unfortunately you need an actual fan controller switch to control fan speed. A dimmer switch will break the fan. This way you can use your one line to power both the bulb and the fan.

I’m not currently looking to try and control the fan but if I was to do that I understand that the fan would need to be controlled with a fan controller… I suppose depending on how the fan controller works and the type of motor it might be possible to do something like that…

I’m currently thinking to remove the light housing and seeing if I can bypass the remote controller for the light so that I can at least get clean power to the bulbs. I was hoping I could disable the dimmers at the fan motor but Hunter customer service seemed to suggest that it wasn’t possible to do that…