Capability conflicts pt 1

devices with AirConditioner capabilities (airConditionerMode) are not listed in Google and Alexa

Many devices do not translate to Alexa. I don’t know if there is an official list, but capabilities like button, presence and many others don’t show up. Some people have used virtual devices to mirror from one type to another to get around it.

1 Like

the issue is when you add Aircon capability to the existing switch it will be removed from Alexa.

so it beaks existing functionality

Hi, @veonua!
I’m verifying some details with the engineering team but “proposed” capabilities like airConditionerMode can have strange behavior.

@veonua, following up, can you provide more details about the device that you mentioned here, please?

Which category did you assign in the device profile?

I have tried both AirConditioner and Thermostat

Ok, thanks. Can you provide the device’s brand and model, please?
We’re trying to understand better the use case:

• Is your device an airConditioner or thermostat that supports the airConditionerMode capability?
  • Or, are you creating a different device type integration and you’re trying to add this capability? For example, a virtual device can have many “unrelated” capabilities.

Is this device currently installed? Can you allow the team access to your account so they can check more details about it, please?
First, share the device name with us, then, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (â‹®) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

this is a MQTT version of the Toshiba AC

the goal is to have it in ST rules and controllable from Alexa and Google.

when I use AC capabilities the device is excluded from the Google, Alexa device list.

yes device is installed, and permissions granted