Can't Create Automations

That was specific to the OP.

I took a look at the errors you are seeing and believe it might be related to account region. If you continue to have issues, I’d reach out to support.

1 Like

I took a glimpse at your errors as well. Is it possible any of the devices in your automation are marked as “offline” when you are saving? The app will prevent you from creating an automation when an included device is offline.

1 Like

JD, that makes sense. I definately fall into the power/frugal category! Well maybe not so much power thus far, but I intend to have almost every light in my house automated!

1 Like

Thanks for your continued help Brad. I will post things here just to help others in the future. I can’t see the 3rd automation that you mentioned that has 226 actions. That seems to be some sort of phantom/stale data that is invisible. All I see are two.

And I tried deleting those two and doing a few simpler ones, but still could only do two automations before it stopped working.

So issue number 1 is to help the enduser access and delete this invisible stuff.

Issue number 2 is like you said how to best use ST to automate a power user while avoiding guardrails; even though once that phantom one is gone, I will probably have decent headroom. I have not looked much into scenes. Are you saying that scenes do not have any sort of these guardrails?

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll see how things progress. I know in terms of the total number of SmartThings users it may be totally insignificant, but when it comes to users of this community, and those one of the unofficial Facebook groups, there has been quite an obvious rise in reports of save errors with Automations in the last week or so.

I’d like to think that work might be in progress to try and improve on flashing up ‘Network or server error’ as an error report. It seems to cover a broad range of issues from designed behaviour to something having gone completely tits up. I’m tempted to interpret it as “That didn’t work but it wasn’t the app”.

2 Likes

On occasion I have a few devices that flash offline/online, like they can’t get a stable connection? But it’s not consistent or constant. I’ll pay better attention next time I try, but I didn’t think it was an issue.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I am also running into an issue with automations. I’ve had a hub for a while but never used it for much other than connecting to the TVs. I’ve recently purchased 2 ST multipurpose sensors and a ST smart plug and added my Phillips Hue bulbs and am moving to controlling them via ST rather than Hue to have everything in one place. I have found I can create automations with everything except the smart plug. The plug is online and I can control it from the app but I cannot create a scene or automation with it. It gives the generic NETWORK ERROR message. I also cannot get the plug to show up in my Alexa devices, but the multipurpose sensors do and they were set up at the same time. Any ideas? Otherwise my next step is to try exchanging it and see if the unit itself is faulty somehow

Same thing is happening to me Courtney. Has to be a bug in their system. Terrible Samsung…

I’m having the same issue with most of my migrated automations. I cannot edit almost all of them. (And the migration created scenes from all of my automations built using the old app). The migration created names for my automations that I don’t like, but now I cannot edit them in any way whatsoever! Really frustrating. I cannot create new ones either. I need to make a modification due to lights not performing correctly, but of course I cannot do this!
Since the new app this hub has turned into a paperweight. Samsung, What are you going to do to help!?

same situation here… if i try 10 times i might be able to add 1 automation or 1 scene but 9 times out of 10 it tells me network error and fails.