Can't change Celsius to Fahrenheit in the new app

Hi,

I have some Ecobee and Samsung temperature sensors that I can not permanently change from Celcius to Fahrenheit in the new app. When I look at the sensors in the classic app or on the Ecobee settings they read in Fahrenheit. What am I missing?

several existing threads on this topic…

I am having this problem too and I am losing my mind.
What happened?
I never used Celsius before and now all my sensors report in Celsius!!!
I can’t keep changing each one of them. I have too many!

How do we get SmartThings support to look into this?

Changes don’t stick either.

Yes, I noticed it flips back to Celsius soon after navigating to another screen.
This is an unacceptable new bug.

I have contacted ST support many times since switching to the new app and have yet for anything to be fixed. I reached out about the temp sensors again and am awaiting an answer. There general solve has been: uninstal device, uninstall app, reset phone, reinstall app, reinstall device. (Apparently none of them use their own products to know what a pain that is?)

1 Like

ST is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

1 Like

Same here.

Same here. This is also affecting automations. I have alerts setup for low and high temps and the one that is set for below 50 degrees Fahrenheit keeps getting triggered. Ugh.

1 Like

I have the same problem! It’s driving me crazy. ST app updates lack proper QA.

3 Likes

This issue has started again. In my Nest automation the cooling temperature changed to Celcius while the heating temp stayed Fahrenheit. No luck with ST support so far.