Blue Iris alternative for Mac

What model are you setting up? I only have the Ezviz Husky model.

EZviz Mini

As I donā€™t have that model Iā€™m at a bit of a loss.

You arenā€™t the only one. I canā€™t even get my D-Link installed on this. I have it setup in other apps, and even in ActionTiles. I am loosing it!

1 Like

Itā€™s just very weird. I had problems with my ezviz cameras with everything but Xeoma. It found them. It took a while, but eventually it found them and once configured work find for me. Even iSpy couldnā€™t find the ezvizā€¦

I tried again, even using the IP and port which I can see in the app. Not sure why this is such a problem.

I hope this EZVIZ issue was resolved for all parties.
If not, hereā€™s how I got it solved with EZVIZ, Sighthound and Apple Mac.

Iā€™m not good with networks at all, but after very helpful emails from Elsa and Henry at EZVIZ support in UK and Africa I found the clincher in this Reddit post:

With the collected wisdom I just got my EZVIZ EZGuard (C3W) working with Sighthound on Mac this morning.

EZVIZ support told me HTTP is not an options, not supported. I thus used RTSP.

First I contacted my internet provider(cable company, I believe itā€™s called in the States) to ask them to open the rtsp port 554.

IP Address: Find your Cameras IP address as described above or download IP Scanner from the App Store.
In IP scanner the EZVIZ cam will likely come up as ā€œUnknownā€. Click on it and in the right-hand window under manufacturer you will find Sichuan AI-Link Technology Co. or Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co.

rtsp port: 554

streampath: rtsp://admin:(6 capital letter camera verification code found on camera sticker below QR icon)@(IP address):554/channel1

(This URL can also be inserted into VLC to play you a direct stream off your camera on your Mac as a test - Thank you to Elsa EZVIZ support UK )

username : admin

password: Camera verification code found on the camera sticker below QR icon

This worked in Sighthound on Mac after many attempts with other streampath URLS provided by EZVIZ.- hope it works someone else as well.

How to open the stream in VLC:

VLC

-File

ā€” Advanced Open File

ā€”ā€”Network

ā€”ā€”-Paste in box.

ā€”ā€”ā€”Hit enter/return

1 Like