Bloomsky Weather Station

I filled it out, plan on putting it at parents’ house unless Bloomsky disagrees. Then it will just go on the back on the house and we can have views o both the eastern and western skies , compare the temperature in direct sun in front and in the shade in the back on the house. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

https://github.com/tslagle13/SmartThingsPersonal/blob/master/smartapps/tslagle13/bloomsky-scheduler.src/bloomsky-scheduler.groovy

So they live on one place. About to create a main post as well

Just bookmark these pages in your browser so you can get the latest.

4 Likes

So, you have to create a new device, right? I would suggest putting that in the directions/instructions…for slow people like me.

• Add code to IDE.
  • Publish
  • Create New Device in IDE “My Devices”
  • Open mobile app
  • Open device and add api key to preferences

I keep finding units like this

https://maps.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/eaB1rJytnpS5maez

Easy to spot when browsing different stations and see the temperature on one is " out of whack" with all the others in an area.

1 Like

thanks @schapper05 for updating OP :slightly_smiling:

Also got someone to work on the indoor module with me. I will work on something this weekend :slightly_smiling:

I am planning on making this all one thing too. One app installs the Indoor/Outdoor DTH and schedules both of them.

2 Likes

Babys Crying, I’ll try to make more complete instructions after/while I set mine up.

1 Like

Don’t talk about me that way! :wink:

2 Likes

Just got UPS shipment confirmation Bloomsky 2 scheduled for delivery on Friday 2/19 .

2 Likes

So it was late in the day when I installed mine, so I plugged it into power in the yard. It’s still showing offline. Anyone else having this issue?

With the way Weather Underground does it on their WunderMap, it is very easy to find almost exactly where the stations are sometimes. The only ones that have stumped me have been the kind in the back yard when there is no other angle to see back there (though I know it’s back there).

If it’s going to be so accurate like that, it’s just one more confirmation to not give out my link lol

Ya, that’s what I’ve always done with the WU ones. It’s definitely worth taking a look. I’ve changed which ones I use from time to time, solely based on the fact that I decided to go check on a few of them for whatever reason when I was bored. Ya never know when somebody’s weather station has been run over by a tractor in the garden, or buried in snow, or bumped by melting ice chunks or whatever.

So, you got it all set up on your WiFi and then took it out to the yard, and that’s when it stopped working, or haven’t you gotten that far yet?

1 Like

I did get that far. Then noticed it was “offline”, so I went and grabbed an extension cord and the AC adapter, to see if that would help. Its been offline for a couple hours now.

I got one coming too glad to hear your on it

2 Likes

Same, Mine shows it arriving Monday.

1 Like

me too gonna be a fun monday.

1 Like

Just got mine and threw it on the roof but I get this error after setting it up:

5e39fb10-d078-4007-a27c-8451a8985393  8:09:17 PM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Internal Server Error @ line 105
5e39fb10-d078-4007-a27c-8451a8985393  8:09:16 PM: error java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out @ line 105

It shows up in the dashboard, and the app. Verified the API key in the device type as well.

Anyone else get this?

that error looks like timeout connecting to them. Slow internet connection or busy server would be my guess.

Here’s what I get when I send a curl request, not sure I’m doing that right, curl is not my thing…Make any sense?

[*******@schwartz] ~# curl -v --header “Authorization: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” https://api.bloomsky.com/api/skydata/

• Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
  • Trying 74.125.28.121…
  • Connected to api.bloomsky.com (74.125.28.121) port 443 (#0)
  • successfully set certificate verify locations:
  • CAfile: /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt
    CApath: none
  • SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
  • SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
  • SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
  • SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server finished (14):
  • SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client key exchange (16):
  • SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
  • SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):
  • SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
  • SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):
  • SSL connection using TLSv1.0 / AES128-SHA
  • Server certificate:
  •    subject: C=US; ST=California; L=Menlo Park; O=Bloomsky Inc; CN=*.bloomsky.com

•    start date: 2015-04-08 00:00:00 GMT

•    expire date: 2016-04-07 23:59:59 GMT

•    subjectAltName: api.bloomsky.com matched

•    issuer: C=US; O=GeoTrust Inc.; CN=GeoTrust SSL CA - G3

•    SSL certificate verify ok.

GET /api/skydata/ HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: curl/7.38.0
Host: api.bloomsky.com
Accept: /
Authorization: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I’m guessing it’s not possible, but it would be really neat to be able to update the icon by the weather stations current conditions. I.E. No Lux during daytime = cloudy icon, Rain=rainy icon, etc.

At the very least though Is there a way to change the Icon, or set it to any icon weather related?

I know that this is a very minor, probably never needed thing, Just thought it would be neat.

1 Like

Thanks @slagle for creating the device type and SmartApp I couldn’t wait I had to put it together and stick it outside for the night to get everything going. So far it looks and is working great!

2 Likes