Bloomsky Weather Station

thats one precise temp!!!

1 Like

Do those Lux readings seem in the right ballpark?

OMG, it’s like 15 decimal places.
That’s awesome!! :slight_smile:

NASA will be in here next. lol

1 Like

The scheduler smartapp that @slagle wrote is dependent on ST to tell it to run. You might try going into the IDE and clicking the update button as described here:

But the reality is until the ST scheduler is fixed, this is going to be a problem with almost any cloud-to-cloud integration.

1 Like

Can you let me know what contact info you used for them? I have tried a couple times now without success.

I used Amie Baron at amie@bloomsky.com (that was the contact information I was provided with in my Giveaway Agreement. Maybe check your agreement to see if contact is different but I doubt it).

Just realize that they are probably overwhelmed with emails right now so it may take a few days.

2 Likes

@tslagle13 FYI, the scheduler for this does not appear to be working, at least not consistently. The last two updates, according the SmartThings app, were 8:45PM last night and 12:23 PM today (central time). It does not appear to be updating every 5 minutes like the scheduler is supposed to do. The refresh button does appear to work though via ST app.

[quote=“jotto, post:368, topic:38202, full:true”]
I used Amie Baron at amie@bloomsky.com…[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder.

@Yongfeng_Zhang
I think stumbled upon a glitch…or at least some way the system works that I don’t like (which, admittedly are not usually necessarily one and the same) lol

I got it connected once, but then when I realized that the name I gave it (which was specific to my home and family) was going to be used on the map instead of just some random string, I decided to change it.

Then, since there isn’t any place to change the name of a BloomSky weather station in the online dashboard or in the app (it seems like it’s possible, because it lets me overwrite the field, but it doesn’t actually do anything), I decided to remove the station from my account, and start over. So, I did.

Then though, when I tried to reconnect it, it wouldn’t connect…no matter what I tried.

So, I sent a support request (to support@ at first, and now I sent to Amie’s address too) to see if there is a way to do a complete factory reset (I’ve already done the steps in the app, but no happiness).

Also, the red power plug light turned off. I’m assuming that’s just on while actively charging, but I asked about that too…hoping the power supply didn’t go bad (I’m testing this inside my house with the AC power adapter that came with it).

Once I get this taken care of and get it re-connected, I will move on to the Device Handler…

Gonna be wonky until the new scheduler comes out :pensive:

which is…? Do we have some timeframe?

Some of us rely on the scheduler pretty heavy.

Cool, thanks. Wasn’t sure if that was the case or not.

As for the lux, the sensor is sensitive. So, you will just need to adjust you lux values, in your automations, so they make sense for your location.

@keltymd “anyone else see the downside of these things? We post links to our stations and it gives everyone in the world our physical street address… I think we need some way to obscure our physical location to some degree.”

This is true. Don’t post the link, or do like me and post a cropped screenshot maybe? There’s too much excitement it seems to not share anything. :blush:

In a side note, in my area the number of BloomSky’s has doubled in the past week. :partly_sunny:

1 Like

Yay! Mine just shipped.

Now I just have to re-read the whole thread to be ready to go when it arrives. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Google maps gives an amazing satellite view of pretty much anywhere and then there’s street view. I can’t see Bloomsky being as efficient. And if you zoom in the not it’s not very accurate and zooms out so it looks like just an approximate location. And one the ones I tried I could only figure out a neighborhood with the way the zoom works. Guess once mine is in I’ll know how accurate the map is.

Yes, that is what I find too. You can zoom in so far, but then it pops out a bit so it only gives an approximation of the neighborhood that you’re in.

@Yongfeng_Zhang how accurate is the Bloomsky station location mapping? I don’t want to give my exact home location to the largest social network circles in which I would share links to my Bloomsky station. 500+ meters accuracy seems fine for identity to residence location mapping. I’d be hesitant to reveal more than that. My neighborhood has large green spaces between each house. Seems like an easy target for late night teen Bloomsky theft joy rides if the maps are too accurate.

Download the app and check out stations in your area. That’s what I did and to just check it out.

1 Like

Easy to setup. Now if the air around here would clear out, it could take a nice picture or two.

https://maps.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/eaB1rJytnpS4oauq

GB

So I just installed mine and am having trouble finding out where I place the API under “device Type” under preferences. I dont have a "preferences for this device type…

And where/what is “the scheduler” @tslagle13 speaks of?

Please assist?