Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2017

I must say - there are some Black Friday deals that I am just waiting to click the Buy button. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am stalking sprawlmart website waiting for the $29 GH mini with the $25 credit , end price $4. At $4 boss gave me permission to get as many as I want :speak_no_evil:

Already got 2 of the Fire10 with no touch Alexa, they were delivered this morning

2 Likes

where did you get these?

Amazon, they went live at $99 over the weekend

most likely…

Some diferences, on remote and some on the hub firmware

Read here for more info Harmony Smart Control vs Harmony Home Remote Control - Difference?

1 Like

My Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge Pro arrives Friday!!

3 Likes

On the topic of Harmony, if you already have a hub and are just looking for a remote or just looking to upgrade your existing Harmony remote from the one that came with your hub (if you didn’t get the Ultimate/Elite), Sam’s Club is doing the Harmony Touch (which I believe is just the Ultimate) remote for $60:

I originally purchased just the Harmony Hub for $50 ages ago and then upgraded it with the Harmony Touch which was a good deal back then for $80, now it’s even better!

I’ve got both. No need ( or so I thought at the time) for the extra 4 dedicated HA buttons in the bedroom. I’ve kicked myself several times since then though for not having those 4 extra buttons, wanting to turn off a light and not wanting to use Alexa for fear of waking the boss.

Walking or waking? :smiley:

1 Like

Yup I didn’t think I was gonna use them initially.

Sometimes it’s still easier to use a remote control, for lights and switches too.

Damn #autocorrect

1 Like

Sonos PLAYBAR for $599, normal is around $699.

Link for amazon is below. Best Buy has the same price

@JDRoberts, @RLDreams

As noted by Rldreams, I’ve purchased the remote and hub combination twice now from Amazon, for ~$70. The remote and hub combination has gone on sale for around 70 bucks, and can sometimes be found refurbished for less than that.

So I still don’t think $99 is a good deal for the hub and basic remote…

i think the $70 deal has a similar but different remote. this one appears to have the remote with light bulb and outlet buttons where the $70 deals did not all the times i looked at it.

1 Like

That is the point we have been trying to make. The remote with the extra HA buttons does go on sale for $70. Not as often as the one that is $70 now, but often enough that several of us have scooped them up for $70 or less.

3 Likes

Speaking of Harmony… :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about getting this, but wanted to confirm that it provides “Devices” mode. The older Harmony remotes (pre-Hub) provided the ability to switch between controlling the current “Activity” and controlling a specific device in your home theater system.

That’s the only thing I’m missing w/my current Harmony hub/remote combo - I miss having a Device mode so I can go deep on device commands when I want to trouble shoot something or make a device setting change that isn’t programmed into the current Activity button settings. Currently I have to keep an old Harmony 700 hanging around for that.

Does this one do Device mode via the hub?

The Smartest House

Aeotec by Aeon Labs Z-Wave Extender Signal Repeater
Dome Z-Wave Plus Water Main Shut-off Valve Controller
Dome Z-Wave Plus Leak Sensor

1 Like

Thanks @jkp - Jumping on the Zwave extender.

Wish I could use the Dome…my setup has a turn in the pipe very near the valve that keeps me from using a Dome on my setup. :frowning:

So just cut the pipe and put another valve in a more convenient spot. I cut the main about 4 feet from the main shut-off and installed LeakSmart. Chances of the leak being in those first couple feet are pretty much nill.