BigTalker2 Sonos Mod Stopped Working

Hello, I have been using @rayzurbock BigTalker2 Sonos Mod app (version p2.0.7) for a while. Just last week my Sonos stopped talking when events happen. I search the forum but have not seen any recent discussion on this. So reaching out to the broader group for some help.

Here is the the error I see in the log’s:
e654c9d8-efcc-4cbc-8983-c7347ba1063c 12:56:34 PM: error BIGTALKER2-SONOSMOD(P2.0.7) || [PARENT] ERROR: One of your speech devices is not responding. Poll failed.

Also earlier I was able to able to get t it to talk in the classic app but now I can’t access it in either app.

Here is that error log:
e654c9d8-efcc-4cbc-8983-c7347ba1063c 1:21:23 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: status for class: java.lang.String @line 2451 (doCall)

e654c9d8-efcc-4cbc-8983-c7347ba1063c 1:21:23 PM: trace BIGTALKER2-SONOSMOD(P2.0.7) || [PARENT] TALK(Talk Now.TalkNow)|mP| Living Room (Sonos) | Volume: 0, Desired Volume: 50

e654c9d8-efcc-4cbc-8983-c7347ba1063c 1:21:23 PM: trace BIGTALKER2-SONOSMOD(P2.0.7) || [PARENT] TALK(Talk Now.TalkNow)|mP| Last poll: 1:19:9 pm

e654c9d8-efcc-4cbc-8983-c7347ba1063c 1:21:22 PM: trace BIGTALKER2-SONOSMOD(P2.0.7) || [PARENT] TALK(Talk Now.TalkNow)|mP| Resume is desired

e654c9d8-efcc-4cbc-8983-c7347ba1063c 1:21:22 PM: trace BIGTALKER2-SONOSMOD(P2.0.7) || [PARENT] TALK(Talk Now.TalkNow)|mP@|50 >> Hello

e654c9d8-efcc-4cbc-8983-c7347ba1063c 1:21:22 PM: debug getMyVoice[parent]: settings.speechVoice=Joanna(en-us)

e654c9d8-efcc-4cbc-8983-c7347ba1063c 1:21:22 PM: debug getMyVoice[parent]: deviceVoice=Kimberly(en-us)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you even control your Sonos from ST?

Same issue with me, just stopped working

Can you control your Sonos from any of the apps?

Can you make any announcements in the new app through the Automations?

Hey,

So I can stop start media on the sonos speakers through ST, i can make anouncement to my google speakers via ST. Cant make anouncements to sonos speakers via ST but I never could, hence why I was using bigtalker.

@GSzabados using the new app I am able to create a new automation a have it speak through my Sonos One. Unfortunately the flexibility of the automation in terms of voice options and settings is more limited. But may be able to accommodate some of my needs.
Still wondering why it’s no longer working for the classic app.

Here are some clues, might be this:

For the record, I just upgaded to the new Sonos connector and then installed BigTalker and it doesn’t even recognize my Sonos speakers as devices, though the exist and function in ST.

Y’all, author of BigTalker here… I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago after Samsung bought them and the personnel changes, two mobile apps, etc. I don’t know of a way forward with ST with the deprecation of the Groovy programming language support and my desire to not spend all those hours of my life again, redeveloping. Nothing has changed code-wise for BT on this platform for a long time so if it broke and it worked recently, I didn’t do it. I migrated BigTalker and my stuff to another platform that works with the Groovy language and runs the code locally by default. That said, there are other ways to accomplish the same functionality without BigTalker on the same platform. I’m sorry, from what I have read, it sounds like BigTalker on SmartThings is dead with the deprecation of the classic app and groovy support/functions.

3 Likes

That sucks man, but thanks for making it. :+1:

@cavallino47, @RH84, @Bryan_Mack, @LowRange - I’ve checked my Sonos Mod of BigTalker2 and it is working. The polling of the Sonos device is working without any issue.

I am not using actively it, but I tested it a few days ago, and it was working properly, it has announce what it has to.

Just a note, for the Sonos Mod, you need to use the Sonos Websocket DH, the new one, not any other.

If I use the LAN Sonos Websocket DH, the BigTalker2 can’t find my Ikea Sonos speaker.
If I use Sonos player DH, the BigTalker2 is find my Ikea Sonos speaker, but it’s not working.
Any help?

Use the Sonos Mod, what I posted before.

Thank you very much!
I didn’t use that. Now it is working.
Is it possible to play my own mp3 file on a Sonos speaker (for example, to play my own recorded Hungarian text)?