Best way to automatically run "Good Morning"?

I like that Idea, I never thought of linking good night to me shutting of TV. Good night routine is redundancy double check for me anyways since I have a “house” group in Echo and just tell “her” to turn off the house when I go up to bed, then when I am in bed I hit good night on the phone I keep next the bed just to make sure she didn’t miss any of the lights, doors are all locked etc. Minimote on wife’s nightstand has button for good night,good morning .

1 Like

I use my Ensuite bathroom motion sensor to trigger good morning as long as it’s after sunrise or 7am whichever is soonest as the first thing I do is use the toilet or have a shower, I only use this at weekends as during the week I have an alarm the triggers the mode and gentle wake up lights etc…

For night mode I use the room we keep the cats in of a night, if that door closes after 9pm and all the motion sensors downstairs have no motion, then go to night mode.

Works well for us that schedule

i have mine set to my android phone’s alarm. (Tasker/Sharptools).

1 Like

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’d like to do. I have no experience with Tasker or Sharptools could you give some instruction or point me in the correct direction?

import this into tasker. adjust as needed.
Essentially: when I dismiss an alarm (meaning i had to actively wake up and swipe the phone), it triggers the profile which has a routine to turn on the lights (via sharptools), wait 25min (time to shower and get ready), then turn on my BT for my car connection, and then turn off the lights (via Sharptools). Replace lights on action with your routines or actions as desired

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! That’s a lot more code than I was expecting…should be great for learning!

1 Like

I’m waiting on my replacement ST, so could be wrong, but would think a trigger for morning routine (lights, coffee… maybe I should slap a WeMo switch on my water heater for shower :slight_smile: could begin with Snooze button. My phone is my alarm clock so don’t think ST’S even necessary w/ tasker. Sleep as Android hangs with iftt so that should be promising. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Stunning idea! Why did I never do that too? Now I do. Thanks for a great tip.

1 Like