Best way to add Nest thermostat?

Would like to integrate my Nest thermostat into my system. It seems like there are multiple ways to do this as multiple people have written code on how to create the device type. The one I see discussed most often is the one written by @pstuart but it looks like it hasn’t been updated in a while. That may not mean anything at all but I figured it was worth checking to make sure there isn’t a more recent solution that is preferable. All I really care about is being able to trigger home and away modes based on my presence. Don’t actually need to adjust the temp via SmartThings. The Nest app works just fine for that.

It might be a bit confusing at first, but read through this entire thread first before following the instructions. It took me a few tries, but I got it to work:

1 Like

Tried everything to get this to work but it’s not showing the temp or any info in the APP.

Hi,

To whom who are interested in getting their Nest Devices (Tstats, Protects, Sensors) into the SmartThings.

FYI, a new version of MyNextManager which leverages the new UI presentation layer of the new Samsung platform and makes use of the new custom capabilities (with a Nest Away/Home settings button) has been released.

The new Google APIs are quite limited and don’t expose the Protects and Sensors. All attributes and settings available in the Nest app for the tstats and protects are available with the Nest web APIs that I’m using. And, the Nest cams will probably be off limits anyway as Nest doesn’t authorize any access from the ST platform (http error 403 forbidden).

Regards.