Best Irrigation System for ST Integration

I was a Spruce (then Eve) backer on kickstarter. I was in for two sensors and one controller. I installed them in October 2015. They ran weirdly for a few weeks (inconsistently) but I chalked that up to my being a newbie and the end of the season weather.

In 2016, I could never get the system to work reliably. Sometimes the smart app would run, sometimes it wouldn’t. The sensors disconnected at least weekly. By July, my HOA was threatening to fine me for brown grass.

I uninstalled it and put in a Rachio Iro instead. I couldn’t be happier. I haven’t integrated it with smartthings (don’t even know if you can) but at least it runs when it is supposed to run. Every time. No failures ever. I couldn’t be happier.

I really really wanted to like the Spruce system. But in the end it was just far too unreliable.

alk

Try to check at the https://gadgets-reviews.com/review/209-5-best-irrigation-controllers.html maybe you find some useful information.

I know this post is quite old, but I would love to do this. None of the commercial options give me what I want. The links here all seem to be dead though. Can anyone point me to an updated version of this?