Best Denon Amp for ST control?

Hi all, I have read around various threads on the forum to find out which amp can be best controlled by ST.

[RE-RELEASE] Denon Network AV Receivers was useful but didn’t give me the answer I need.

The audio shop has recommended that I should get a Denon AVR-X4300H. Can anyone confirm that I will be able to control this amp with ST please? Here is a quick paste from the device spec sheet:

The AVR-X4300H can also be set up and operated by a home computer on the network via IP control, either via wired LAN connection or via Wi-Fi wireless connection. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, the AVR-X4300H is equipped with an RS-232C serial port. The AVR-X4300H also features Crestron Connected certification for quick and easy integration with Crestron home automation equipment.

Really appreciate your help…

It may depend on what you have in mind.

i think most people just use the Logitech harmony hub to link their A/V equipment to ST

1 Like

The 4300H is, if I remember correctly, a HEOS unit. Network control of these is problematic.
Any unit ending in …H is HEOS, and will likewise have problems.

I have the X3300W, and it works well with SmartThings as well as IFTTT. Between ST and IFTTT, this also allows a measure of Alexa compatibility.

2 Likes

Great thanks for that Glen its good to know that… I will take a look at the 3300W hopefully it will be a good match for my speakers…