How to intergrate Denon X2600 Receiver + HEOS

Just received my new Denon AVR-X2600-H receiver. It comes with network ability, Heos and more.
I wish to connect it to Smartthings and Harmony, but i am wondering what would be the best way to do this? Anyone with a denon receiver and smartthings got this working?

I’ve read some topics on the forum about Denon receivers and Heos but still unlcear how to do it.
Also the Harmony does not recognise my model receiver, i can get it to work though if i just select the x2500 in the harmony setup.

What i wish to get is some basic control over the receiver. Also the Heos app could give some nice options if i somehow could make it work with harmony and/or smartthings. Ideally i want to have a bunch of buttons on action tiles with different radio stations and spotify playlists. Just click and play!

Right now i only use my receiver for my 5.1 set. But if i can get everything to work properly with smartthings i will buy some additional Heos speakers to put around the house. At that point probably voice control and voice notifications will become interesting aswell.

Any help and tips are very welcome!

Hey @John010.

I too have a Denon HEOS Amp and also a clutch of other HEOS speakers, some wired, some WiFi. I too was interested in integrating them into Smartthings but I only got as far as using the DLNA Player project to get them connected. I then used BigTalker2 to trigger a HEOS message if a movement sensor was triggered. Then I stopped, a lot of work and troubleshooting for little benefit I felt and we mainly just use the HEOS speakers from the Spotify app so the kids can play different music in different rooms.

I’d be interested in learning and doing more though, so please come back and share your own experiences.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.