Beefy ST-controllable colour spotlight bulbs?

Ok - so…

We have a big former shop (about 12’ x 24’) at the Mill House which is normally used as a band rehearsal room. Sometimes we clear it all out and host a house concert… the room has three strips (for mundane use) and six wall fittings. I’d really like to fit some colour change spots to those wall fittings that I can use with Smart Things - really don’t care if they’re Hue, Zigbee, Z-Wave, Hive, ST, Lightify or some weird WiFi thing I have to write custom code for, don’t care what fitting they are, just looking for heftier (in terms of light output), directional, colour change spots.

Any thoughts?

LIFX BR30

They are not very bright. They just enable easy remote-controllable color spots. You would need Wifi.

I use 2 bulbs - reliability of 1x LIFX-800?-color has been 100% but it is power-cycled automatically.

Reliability of the 1x LIFX-1000-color is no-response about 50%, but it is on a manually switched circuit so it does not get rebooted often.

I would not rely on ST for concert night - the LIFX app, not sure if it executes locally but it has been 100% I think.

1 Like

Are you in the UK?

Yes :wink: still grin

1 Like

Current theory is probably a bunch of the Hue GT10s, although… erm… ouch, my wallet :smiley:

(Keep buying the Echo, folks, it improves my bonus :smiley: :smiley: :D)