Battery operated Zwave vs hardwired Zwave

Problem solved!

I added a GE Zwave wall outlet on the adjacent wall to the switch. Did a repair, no failure on that.

Added the switch back after excluding and it discovered it faster.

Works flawlessly now!

Should I run another repair after adding the switch back?

2 Likes

I would but if it works you might avoid extra trouble by not doing it unless issues pop up.

2 Likes

Thank you Alex and JD for all the time you took explaining everything. I really appreciate your time.

3 Likes

So I ran the repair and the garage switch was the only failure once again. Says ā€œfailed to update mesh infoā€ and failed to update routeā€.

It still operates perfectly. What could this mean?

My personal guess is that itā€™s variable failure (probably caused by the mirrors). Messages get through sometimes and donā€™t get through other times. The ā€œoperates perfectlyā€ situation may be taking two or three tries to complete , but you donā€™t realize it. The repair utility has a higher standard.

But thatā€™s just a guess.

It would be interesting to cover the mirrors with sheets and see if that affects the repair, but I know thatā€™s a lot of work for what may be very little information. :sunglasses:

If itā€™s working now for what you want since you added the additional repeater , you may just not want to worry about it.

One more thoughtā€¦ Are you absolutely sure that the failure that is coming from the garage switch is not a ghost device from one of the many times you added and removed switches in that location? I once spent a week trying to fix a device that didnā€™t exist because I had lost track of the physical units! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I ran a repair this morning and no failures.

Iā€™m going to leave it alone. :smiley:

3 Likes