Bathroom lights with fan

Hi Robin, I am having an issue with one of the Fibaro Dimmer 2 modules. I have a ceiling fitting which has 3 x GU10 inserts and the load is over the minimum 25w. The module won’t stop calibrating and the light on the module goes green every few seconds and the lights won’t stop flickering. Grateful for any advice. I am using a custom device handler for the module and have changed the parameters as you have advised to others before. Thanks again

I think so too - just got it from Amazon so nice and easy to return. Cheers

Can I suggest you try swapping the bulbs?

Sometimes I have found the bulbs work well at 5w, and sometimes at 25w they don’t do anything right and have a constant flicker, never turn off…etc. Generally seems that good bulbs work and cheap ones are worse…

Thanks so much. Could you advise which bulbs to go for? I don’t want to use a bypass and I have 3 gu10 fittings. I would also like to use the dimming function. Thanks

I have a Wickes and Screwfix nearby so would like to pick some up there. Just so hard to know which ones will work :slight_smile:

I agree completely, they are hard to find and frustrating. I also assumed one of my Fibaro’s was dodgy and replaced it, but it was the bulb in the end.

I have found a few bulbs on Amazon which are poor and cant remember exactly which ones I found worked well, however from what I can remember the Philips Master were decent - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Master-Dimmable-Halogen-Replacement/dp/B01MFC2UR6/

At the same time I remember these worked well functionally, but didnt dim very low (i.e. their minimum level on 1% was still not candlelight dim) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dimmable-Beautiful-Replacement-Technology-Warranty/dp/B01DJ0T6JI

Im afraid I dont know about Screwfix/Wickes, but perhaps if you open them carefully you could try them and give them back undamaged… P.s. If you do get them from there then please post which ones you got and if they worked on this thread!

Thanks for the advice and will have a look and report back. Out of interest, have you managed to use 3 x 5w bulbs without a bypass and have no flickering? That’s the ideal scenario for me as I have two rooms where I only have a need for 3 x GU10s. Thanks

Minimum with gu10 is 5 because of my house requirements, but I do have
plenty of rooms with a single 6w bulb (screw or bayonet type) and no
flickering.

So an update! These bulbs work on a circuit of 6 GU10s and dim wonderfully:
6Pack Sylvania 5 Watt Dimmable GU10 0028440 REFLED V4 345LM 5W Dimmable LED GU10 Light Bulbs replacement for 50 Watt Halogen Light Bulbs 830 3000K Warm White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073SH9FY2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_OrkXzbS04AAP1

I was wondering if you could tell me which LED bulbs you use for bayonet fittings and have no flicker with a Fibaro Dimmer 2?

Phillips and Auraglow cover most of my fittings and work well. They were bought back in 2015 mostly, so I expect you won’t have a problem with newer bulbs as performance just seems to improve. The one that didn’t work was a random brand I’ve never heard of and can’t remember.

In my experience bayonet / screw fittings will not work in exceptional cases, while GU10 don’t work in common circumstances. Hence if your gu10s are working then for normal bulbs I wouldn’t worry unless you go below 5w.

EDIT: actually I have had one Phillips bulb that didn’t work either - A60 ones, though that has been superseded already by a better model which may work better.

Thanks Robin, I have just ordered this and hopefully it will work without a bypass:

That’s ok if it doesn’t, they’re only £10 from Amazon so not too bad :grinning:

1 Like

I dont have a single bypass on any of my LEDs and no problems… My fibaros are all wired with a neutral and decent LEDs mean I dont need bypasses in my experience… Hopefully the same with the bulb above!

1 Like

Do you have a photo by any chance of how you wired the bypass into your ceiling rose? I have heard people managing to do wire in to the switch somehow, is this possible? Thanks.

I don’t have a neutral in my lights so hence the need for a bypass I assume

Robin, may I ask what you are using to create those diagrams? Thanks.

Funnily enough, there isn’t always a neutral…
I actually had one lighting circuit with no neutral at the light or at the switch… I know there is a neutral somewhere, but it was obviously a bodge job by somebody who used to live here, and they just hid the neutral somewhere random inside the ceiling in some weird daisy chained wiring!!!
I had to bring a spare neutral from a different ceiling light, in order to set up this particular Fibaro with a neutral… :slight_smile:Not normal wiring in my old house!!

Hi Robin. Thanks for these and great support. I am having flickering nightmares still despite using the sylvania dimmable led 10w bulb with a bypass wired into the L and N terminals of the ceiling rose with the light fitting wires. The dimmer goes on and off and the green led light comes on the dimmer every 2 seconds when the light goes off. Because of this loop, I am not even able to use the b button on the dimmer. Any help would be appreciated!

In addition to the above, I am also getting load faults on the ST app no matter what bulbs I am using. Thanks for any help you can offer

Thanks Robin. I have tried another Dimmer 2 module which works on another light (v3.5) and this also has the same issue. I am really stuck and the WAF is taking a hit!

Still flickering no matter what bulb type I use :frowning: