Nice to hear from you, and thanks for the reply.
So I’ve had the switches for around 5 years in service, new home, new wiring, built 2015.
A couple months ago I noticed one of them was acting up and not responding to presses like usual (the remote side). The master side worked fine. I was just living with it and using alexa to control the light instead of relying on the remote switch. It still lit up and sometimes after a long press or a a long hold, it would wake up and start working to control the load again.
The second remote switch was a little different and went totally bad about a month ago. No light, no power, checked the wiring and it simply just no longer powers on. Again its master side is fine. I replaced that one with a GE 3-way as it was in a configuration where the line was in both locations.
The other switch I do not have a line in the wall box for the light I’d like it to control so it is a true “remote control” type situation that the linear was good for. As I can still see that one getting power, I may try and unpair it and repair it and check the wiring to be sure. But it worked in that location untouched just fine for about 5 years to every press, every time. Just recently it started to act up. The master again is fine. It seems just the remote linears that went bad.
I had used an aeon minimote to build their association and liked that they ran locally and didn’t rely on automations, though I suppose I could always try that method with a standard GE switch and use it as an automation with the mirror function - it may be a little slower but at least more functional. Or I can buy a another linear and mess with the minimote association again and see if I can get things working. Can’t say for sure that was ever working right, I recall I had smartapp in place to make sure that when one switch was pressed, the other updated status, because it didn’t seem to be happening naturally (likely user error there). Association was hard.
I’ll also note I ran a z-wave network repair and both the remote switches responded that they were unable to route the mesh network, and the switch that had gone totally bad also reported back with a device error (the one that still gets power only reported the mesh error). No other devices in the home have errors. Also, my zwave lights were responding very slowly to zigbee motion sensor smart lighting events until I removed the bad linear remote. Once I did that, response times returned to normal.