Arming Home monitor with Google Home?

Looking for command for Google home to arm my Smartthings home monitor, don’t want to use location based arming it schedule routines. If not Google home what about Alexa? Also i looked all through Smartthings Automations and scenes and Security is grayed out. Thanks.

Anyone have input on this. It seems simple enough but there is a serious lack of anything helpful in the Google’s.?

It depends which version of the SmartThings mobile app you are using.

FAQ: how to tell which version of the SmartThings mobile app that you have

If you are using the classic V2 app, then there are ways to do it. :sunglasses:Basically you have your voice assistant turn on a virtual switch, and have that virtual switch coming on start a SmartThings routine which changes the security.mode.

FAQ 2017: Have Alexa/Google Home/IFTTT run a routine, change a mode, or arm/disarm Smart Home Monitor (SmartThings Classic)

However, the design philosophy changed for the newer V3 app, and now there is no way to do it. :disappointed_relieved: They want you to open the app and manually change it there.

See the community FAQ.

FAQ: Why can’t I use Geopresence or an Automation to set the alarm state in the new (V3) app? (also applies to unlocking smart locks)

1 Like

Thank you. So I’m a little confused, I have the v3 hub and I keep seeing comments about the classic app, can I run the classic app and the new one at the same time.

I don’t see how a routine can enable arm/disarm the smartthings home monitor, I can change the mode which can impact the way the alarm responds but nothing that I can find to arm/disarm. This virtual switch sounds intriguing, can you provide any more info on that.

Thanks again.

Solved!!! Arm/disarm ST security alarm using Google home.

Add a scene in ST app where when your location changes to home or night or away. Then the action to arm or disarm security.

Add routine in Google home to run on voice command. After adding the voice command add the action to run the scene in ST app. Viola !!!

Cheers
Jason

2 Likes

Check out response below, solved it!!!

You are responding to a post which is two years old. A lot has changed in that time, including the introduction of the method you just mentioned. :wink:

In the future, please only respond to threads which have had activity in the last year unless you are certain the post is applicable. Otherwise it keeps bringing up old threads and confusing everybody because so much has changed.

Never saw any posts about it so I added it here. Considering this is the main search result that shows up. Just being helpful.

You a moderator or just the forum police?

2 Likes