App Update V2.4.1 - Presence Sensor

Thanks for sending those. I personally took a look at the logs and flagged for our mobile devs.

The times are extremely helpful, thank you for providing those. I will work with the support team and mobile devs to figure out our best approach for handling issues like this but in the meantime, if you don’t mind continuing to send in your logs with details such as you have been providing, please do.

1 Like

Thanks. Would it be helpful to send in another set of logs after the phone refreshes to show away? It will update once I keep it open for a minute or two.

In general it is helpful to send us logs after you have an event.

So if you left your house at 7:30 AM and weren’t marked as away until 11:30 AM, it would be best to send the logs after the event at 11:30 marking you as away.

Thank you. In the future I will wait till it refreshes, notate the times and sed it all in.

1 Like

@Brad_ST Not sure if I should notify you each time or not, it does make me feel a bit better, but if you would prefer I didn’t, I can stop.

Happened again this morning. I think this is the first time I have had it happen two days in a row. Normally it takes a few days 5-10 I believe for it to falter, but this is twice in just about 24 hours.

I waited for it to refresh and I sent in the logs with the time I left (around 7:25) and the time I opened it to have it refresh (around 9:06).

Should everyone be sending this stuff in? It’s pretty crazy that this doesn’t work. My wife and I have the exact same Android phone. Mine works most of the time, hers doesn’t work most of the time.

My Note 5 on Android 7 reports leaving the house, and then returning 1-90 minutes later several times a day, when it has physically not left. Do you want logs? If so, after leaving returning? And I’m sorry, but which logs, and to whom? Thanks.

A few of us internally have this problem on Android 7 and it should be improved with the 2.5.0 version of the app.

Steps to send us logs:

On iOS:

1. Tap More
  2. Tap Support
  3. Tap Help us Debug
  4. Tap Send us only your Mobile Presence logs

On Android:

1. Tap the 3 vertical lines to open the overflow menu
  2. Tap Support
  3. Tap Help Us Debug
  4. Tap Send Geofence

If you can add an approximate time when the presence failed and what kind of failure (, it will help us narrow down our search in the logs.

The logs should default to support@smartthings.com so send them there, please.

What about iOS 10.3.3 Mobile App other issue? Nearly one year that we have been reporting about the incorrect mode shown in the mobile app even though actual mode change happens? Away to Home and Night to Morning modes unless you force kill the app? We have gone through several ST app releases since then. Support acknowledged it several months back claiming it was an annoyance for them as well. Any updates? My friend Tim @slagle has gone silent on this issue as well.

@Brad_ST Just wondering…should the title be changed to something like Mobile Presence Sensor Issues/Reports? Or once the app is updated to a new version, do we create a new thread if issues still persist?

@Brad_ST I’ve sent in the log files, and listed some of the times when the phone left/arrived but didn’t in fact leave the house.

On the off chance that you guys have calendar milestones, any projected release date for 2.5?

Also, is it safe to assume that things are even worse with Android O?

@Brad_ST New logs sent. Seems to be getting worse as of recently. It also took a while for it to refresh that I was away this time. I force closed it (because it wasn’t updating) and opened it again. Still took much longer than usual.

@Brad_ST Okay…it happened again this morning. Yesterday and today, same times. Left in the morning still shows I was home two hours later. The app would not refresh after 5 minutes either. I looked at apple maps and it was correct, Google traffic, local guides and travel times all showed my correct location. I had to power down the phone and back on for the status to change.

Logs sent.

I guess I will try removing my device as a presence sensor and add it back…

@Brad_ST @kleneau Logs sent just now on 2.5.0

Same issue as before. I left around 7:30 today and still showed I was home nearly an hour and a half later. Had to let the app sit open for a few minutes before it would refresh.

I guess I will create a new thread??? Or can we just change the title of this one?

@Brad_ST

Well…it has been working fine for about two weeks now I guess and today it stopped again. I thought maybe something got fixed with the app update and maybe even the hub update.

I did get an email from higher support. It basically said thanks for sending in all of the logs and they passed some info to the developers. That there is not much else to try on their end, I just need to wait for future fixes…

Yeah I wish I had a better answer than that. I do bring mobile presence complaints up every week so the mobile team does know it is a constant and pressing issue.

2 Likes

I am also having the same issue

Presense has been working fine on both my Wife’s and I cell phones. Both Samsung S7 phones through TMobile.

I went on a trip to Las Vegas last week, gone 5 days. Presense no longer work for crap. It detects when I leave the house, but after that I have to force location to find when I’m back home by opening or updating google maps and then I have to wait sometimes till I’m in the driveway or in the garage and it might detect I’m home. All this week, fine leaving, go 40 miles to work, come home and doesn’t detect crap. So either its the Samsung phone, or Smartthings or Tmobile but its funny I can force location update just by opening up google maps. So some help would be great. I have already extended the location ring around the house, reset the box my phone but remember this whole time my Wife’s phone works just fine.