Anyone gotten new LE "Lighting Ever" A19 960 lumens smart bulb to work with SmartThings?

Thanks again JD … the tips on the logos are very useful.

The Chinese stuff seems like a real wild west situation. There are obviously quite talented designers there, but then there’s a huge gap between who makes, and who sells it, and especially, how much attention to detail and how much information is produced and propagates down the chain. And by extension, how much they effectively seem to care about that information. Not just for SH, but in lots of other consumer electronics. I often see products that clearly had to have taken some real skill to make, but you will see a dozen resellers (often with different names), every one of whom only has the same dumbed-down “glossy” but useless buzzword sales information. I am usually the opposite of gambling on whether I can get something to work how I need it. But I took an exception this time since I can’t believe there’s no E26 smart home bulbs 1100 or preferably 1200 lumens or much higher (75 watt equivalent or much better). This one was only $15.

Oh well. Ultimately we all wish everyone well that can make something good, regardless of where they’re from.

Thanks for the recommend on the LIFX Color 1000 but it’s just too much of a stretch (monetarily and functionally).

Maybe the “luminosity ceiling” is a heat problem but if it is, surely it’s not a big challenge. Don’t make excuses for them, hehe. To me it seems like just another example of the very limited smart home device choices once you scratch the surface. All the smart lighting companies make an 800 lumen E26/27 smart bulb. Almost nobody makes hardly any other lumens, higher or lower. They all “made their smart bulb”. Compare the choices for dumb LED E26/27 bulbs. Hundreds, thousands, of every type, shape, and luminosity.

Yes, SH is a much smaller market. But that alone can explain why there’s a much smaller selection. I wouldn’t chalk up to technical challenges something easily explained by what happens everywhere else in the smart home device arena.

eh, there’s the two cents of Mr. Crotchety, heh. Thanks again for all your great help!