Anybody using Modern Forms smart fans?

(Matt) #1

Hi,

I just got my Modern Form’s fan in and it appears to have some promise. It is a smart fan that currently integrates with Alexa, Google Assistant, Ecobee, and Nest now, as well as via an App. It comes with a wall controller that looks similar to the Lutron Caseta form factor. I ordered it over the summer as it was a preorder and just got it this weekend. Got it installed and the apps works great. The wall control is fine, but had problems with the Alexa voice control. After a call with their engineers today, we got that resolved (it likes for the fan to have a fairly unique name and you have to be specific in how you ask commands i.e; Alexa, ask Modern Forms to <fan/light> <on/off> etc. All in all, sharp fans, a little pricey, and a lot of promise. modern forms.com.

Question: Is anybody else using this fan? I know that it is very new. Any thoughts/ideas on ways to more integrate this in my setup?

Thanks,

–M

Nice looking fan! Find out what RF protocol their wall controller uses. And if they plan to have an IFTTT service.

(Matt) #3

Will see what i can find out.