[Answered] Best DeviceHandler for Xiaomi Aqara Button WXKG11LM?

Hi there good people,

I am just getting started with ST, and I am trying to get a xiaomi button to work (WXKG11LM). For reference, this is the newer square model.

I have it paired, but It wont trigger a button pressed event. I am guessing that this is a device handler issue? I have tried several devicehandlers, but they seem to be for the old version (WXKG01LM).

Does anybody have the new ones working?

[EDIT] I’m an idiot, in case anyone else has the same problem, the correct DH is here: bspranger xiaomi aqara button

2 Likes

@benjaminandrews38 - Since you are using an Aqara Button model WXKG11LM, you should know there are actually two revisions of that model, each with different functionality.

Please see this post for instructions on how to check which model / revision of Aqara button you have.

Also, there was a recent Hub Firmware Update to v25.26 for SmartThings v2 & v3 Hubs with some important changes, so I updated all Xiaomi / Aqara Button device handlers (DTHs), including the one you linked to.

Please see this post for all details and links to all of the updated DTHs.

Guys some idea why I cant pair the device? It cant be found in the smart things classic app. Is just saying Looking for devices…

same problem

Is a hard procedure. Here is the youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O28Pk4bGcbM

For some reason the bspranger handler is not working. With this video I have succeed to pair it yesterday.

If you are pairing the device using the SmartThings “Classic” mobile app, then the device handler has no effect on whether a device pairs or not. Do NOT blame the device handler.

Also, do not try to pair Xiaomi / Aqara devices using the new SmartThings Samsung Connect mobile app. It will not work.

If you are having troubles pairing a Xiaomi / Aqara device, there are a number of reasons why this may be true. The first reason to remember is that Xiaomi / Aqara devices are designed to work with a Xiaomi / Aqara Gateway hub. They are not guaranteed to work with other hubs, but many people have managed to get them to work. See this post for more information on other reasons for difficulty in pairing / keeping Xiaomi / Aqara devices connected.