Android as a Speech/Alarm Device released! And Updated!

Can anyone help me with a tasker profile that will kill lanouncer (say at 2am and restart it for me). Every few days lanouncer stops working and I figure if i can just have it automatically restart everyday that should fix that issue. I was thinking:
Make a profile that performs "Kill Lanouncer, wait 15 secs, Launch Lanouncer (I dont know how to make it kill the app again at 2am)

Thanks for any help I am still learning :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an interesting problem. Mine has been running in a closet problem-free for many months. (I’m the author though… it might be afraid of me.!)

Did you follow the instructions on the website, e.g. don’t let it be power-saved, keep the network on, static IP, etc?

Ill double check when I get home, but I am pretty sure I followed all instructions when I set it up (I do know it has a static IP). Its interesting, to get it working again I just tap the stop listening and restart listening and it good to go again.

@NWTony

Lannouncer - well worth a Martini

Just need a bit of help with the take picture settings please

In a browser if I put http://192.168.1.XX/image/jpeg.cgi and then the
camera username and password, up comes the still picture image

In the lannouncer settings I have put in all the setting correctly (I think)
But, I am not sure of the camera path…

When I press the Lannouncer ‘Take Picture’ button, It takes a picture out of the tablet back
camera and stores it in the Lannouncer folder, but its just using the tablet camera

Settings

REmCam 1 Name
AnyName

RemCam 1 Address
Http://192.168.1.XX:80

RemCam 1 Path
Tried
image/jpeg.cgi – = no picture from the camera
http://192.168.1.XX/image/jpeg.cgi – = no picture from the camera
http://192.168.1.XX:80/image/jpeg.cgi – = mo picture from the camera

RemCam 1 Needs Auth
true - turned on

RemCam 1 User
camera - username

RemCam 1 Password
camera - pasword

Thanks

I have some screen shots in the online manual at http://www.keybounce.com/lannouncer/configuring-lannouncer/camera-uploads/ It sounds like you’re doing correctly with the image/jpeg.cgi value.

Try the string I have there, something like cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

What brand and model camera is it? How old? Possibly it requires the user id and password as a URL parameter.

Hi, thanks for the reply… just tried cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi - but no joy

The camera is a Dlink 936L … quite new

I have used the screenshots… at http://www.keybounce.com/lannouncer/configuring-lannouncer/camera-uploads/

Do you think the username and password may need to be in the URL?

Just tried

Http://username:password@192.168.1.XX/image/jpeg.cgi
also
Http://username:password@192.168.1.XX:80/image/jpeg.cgi

Heck… was really hoping this would work

First off, thank you so much for developing this app NWTony. It’s been very useful, and has been working great for door chimes, alarms, and speech notifications (with Big Talker).

I’ve been using Lannouncer on an old kindle fire tablet, and I’m having trouble with audio files. I’ve tried multiple mp3 files, and can see the command both in the Lannouncer app log, and in ST live logging, but no sound comes out. I don’t think the files are the issue, because they sound fine when I navigate to them on the tablet and click on them.

I’m using WAN if that makes a difference. Also, I thought I upgraded to premium by buying a martini, but I only see the option for one audio file rather than 5.

Any ideas why I can’t get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

What am I missing…if i want to talk via LANnouncer on my s8+ through ST to my FireTab do I need Bigtalk to achieve this? I have everything working with the chimes and ring but not the talking part.

Can Alexa be integrated into this since it has an intercom?

Yes, you’ll need BigTalker to accomplish what you want to do. And no, Alexa can’t be used for this unfortunately, at least not yet until Amazon opens up that feature.

Check my post earlier at step 15

Ok, I deleted and reinstalled both LANnouncer and BigTalker, and now the audio files are working as they’re supposed to. But I still only have the option for one audio file, and would really like a couple more. Any chance I can get added to the premium list? Do I need to buy another martini?

Jason, you ARE on the Premium list. Two devices have checked in and presumably know that they’re premium: “Jason’s 2nd Fire” and “Pixel 2”.

Is the device you’re not seeing the options on one of these?

Those are both of the devices I’ve tried using, and neither one has an option for more than one audio file. The Kindle fire is running fire OS 5.6.0 (Amazon version of lollipop) and the Pixel 2 is running Android 8.1.0 (Oreo). They both display a set of 3 messages at startup of the app (or when the screen display rotates) about being blocked due to user not being premium. But I’m able to use WAN, which I think is a premium feature. I’ll try to attach screen shots.

That is very strange. I do see that your devices are checking in, have the correct version and are premium.

Please try switching to GCN, exit all the way, reboot your device and try again. When you start up, all I need is the logged start-up data.

Thanks

Thanks. Tried switching to GCN, exiting out of app completely, and rebooting both devices. Pretty much the same behavior, just the “received WAN message” is replaced by two lines: socket service started and listening on port 1035. Also noticed that no matter how I tried to exit out of the app it kept running in the background, so I repeat the same steps but also force closed the app after exiting out and before rebooting. Same results, both devices.

Edit: Everything still works, though it’s a second or two slower using GCN compared to WAN.

Very strange. I can see from your log that your observations are correct, and on my side it’s seeing your devices and giving them Premium status.

Is there anything unusual about your network? Do you mind uninstalling and reinstalling?

If that doesn’t work, I may add more diagnostics and give you a test build.

Nothing unusual about my network as far as I know.

Tried clearing data and cache, no change either device. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no change either device (other than no longer having the file path for the audio file). Tried switching between the various modes, and tested commands linked to door sensor and doorbell. All still works fine in any mode, but still only one audio file option.

@NWTony, I am having an issue with Lannouncer crashing when I send a Strobe or Alarm from smartthings to the fire tablet lannouncer is on. Siren and Speak work correctly. Any ideas?

1 Like

I don’t have a Fire, so hard to tell. There’s no real difference between Alarm, Doorbell and Siren… Literally the only difference is the sound resource played, with those sound resources bundled into the apk.

Fire 7 and 8 don’t have a flash. Always crash on strobe or both commands. Sounds work on my Fires.