Android as a Speech/Alarm Device released! And Updated!

Been using Lannouncer for several months and it has worked perfectly for me all this time…until…3 days ago. All of a sudden it has stopped working for me. From the ST app, i can see that the command has been sent but the android phone where Lannouncer is staying silent.

I’m using Big Talker together with this.

I removed the device on the IDE and added it back with no success. Anybody can help me out with this problem?

Double check the IP address that your Android device is using. LANnouncer should show what it is. Make sure that the IP address in your Smartapp is the same. You might want to reboot your Android device as well.

Yup. Double checked the IP Address and rebooted the android device several times but still out of luck. :frowning:

Not to state the obvious but is the volume turned up on your Android device? Or maybe you have it Bluetooth to another speaker and something isn’t working there?

Hehe. Yea that was my first thought as well but can confirm that the volume is up and in the Settings all volume related are set to “Loud”. I have been pairing it to my google home, but when this issue occurred, have removed pairing and to make sure, turned off bluetooth to troubleshoot.

Did you try changing the port it’s listening to and updating it in ide as well?

What about android TTS, did you try swapping languages and coming back to English? Might not be the most probable solutions but might worth a try.

Hi, managed to fix it. Had to restart the hub a couple of times and magically the services started running again. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

I must be blind. I can’t seem to find the registration process. I did buy you 1 1/4 drinks but not sure if that is the same as registering. Thanks for your work and effort.

It is the same thing. It’s a manual process. But you may need to…

1. Ensure LANNouncer is in GCN mode
  2. Ensure your paypal had the email address your device uses, or that you sent me an email connecting them.

Tony - Any chance you have a version that would run on Windows 10? My computer is my main hub along with Alexa and Smartthings. I have the whole house sound system running through my computer… It would be so nice to have smarthings trigger announcements to/from my PC. Like "front door opened " I even here Alexa through the computer as I have it hooked to the LINE IN and in Listening mode. Any ideas would be great.

Check with @rayzurbock, he mentioned that he has a version running on Windows for personal use though:

1 Like

It wouldn’t be real hard to do. I’ll considre it.

1 Like

@NWTony
Having some trouble with getting speech working via rest for IFTT->GCM.

Following GET does not work:
a) http://lannouncer.keybounce.com:1036/command?userName=…&deviceName=…&command=Testing&%40DONE%40
I see android app recieving the command via logs - but no sound comes out of the android device
… Received GCM:Testing
… Received GCM:Testing&@DONE@

I have been able to get the following to work without issues:
b) Alarms via rest
http://lannouncer.keybounce.com:1036/command?userName=…&deviceName=…&command=ALARM%3DSIREN

c) Speak via curl
curl "192.168.1.34:1035/?SPEAK=Testing@DONE@"
I see the logs as the REST call in a) but the sound actually comes out.

Thanks in advance - awesome product !!

Good Lord, the setup instructions for this are utterly and completely outdated. Nothing correlates to graph.api.smartthings.com anymore. It might be time to update the instruction pages a little.

my lannouncer was working perfectly with my fire tablet but I was away and didn’t charge the tablet for a few days, when I returned I powered everything back up and my tablet changed ip, which I updated in the lannouncer device preferences screen. but for some reason I can’t get smartthings to communicate with lannouncer. I have successfully been able to curl to the device to test the connection, but the commands from smarthings are not going through. So far I have reset my router, assigned a static ip to the android fire tablet, reset the android lannoucer app running on the tablet, deleted and reinstalled the device in the ide. any suggestions on how to get them in sync again ?

anyone happen to have instructions that will work with the new website? Instructions aren’t really close at all, I don’t have an option to enter IP or port under device.

got this working. Just added the device through the website, and then went into smartthings app and hit edit, the option for IP and port pop up within the app.

I know I’m missing something here I have I this working on my tab downstairs how do you get it to announce on another tab upstairs

Did you create another instance of a LANnouncer speaker for your other tab? It should have its own IP address and name. Once that is done, you should be able to see another speaker option when using BigTalker or Core.

Ah yes thank you I knew I had missed something new device forgot about that thanks for you help